Adding features from 1.4.1 into 1.3.14

In this board you can talk about general questions about phpMyFAQ

Moderator: Thorsten

Thorsten

Post by Thorsten »

Hi,

you can put all DIVs in a table, but then you have to eliminate a lot of stuff in the CSS file.

bye
Thorsten
phpMyFAQ Maintainer and Lead Developer
amazon.de Wishlist
spottedhaggis

Post by spottedhaggis »

Sorry Thor! I am going to have to give up on this, I have tried everything I can and nothing I do seems to give the desired results. The only thing left now is to contcat one of yur reference sites that has the new version set the way I want it and beg them for their templates :-)

For the moment I will work with 1.3.14 version and try and figure out how to configure the xml display on the main page to be in a smaller font etc.

Thanks for all your help in this though, it is appreciated, just dont have the time now to work on it anymore, perhaps in a few months after the site is live I can pick up.
spottedhaggis

Post by spottedhaggis »

Hay all

Been fiddling with both 1.3.14 and 1.4.1. I have concluded that the language option in 1.4.1 is a fantastic option, however the style, layout and all round ease of use visibly and otherwise is not as good as 1.3.14.

I am going to try and implement a similar language option in 1.3.14 as this would be a perfect system then.

This is of course only an opinion nothing more, but I also have found that 1.3.14 is far easier to manipulate and customise than the new version.