Manually importing FAQs

In this board you can talk about general questions about phpMyFAQ

Moderator: Thorsten

dajoker

Manually importing FAQs

Post by dajoker »

I am in the middle of trying out phpMyFAQ to see if it is a viable option as a destination for a current knowledgebase of documents. In their current form the documents reside in my filesystem in an XML format. I am able to convert these fairly well to SQL statements which insert into the faqdata and faqcategoryrelations tables. The links between these tables appear to be working since when I look at the page showing all categories the numbers of FAQs per category increment according to the number of records inserted into the database.

When I click on a category to view everything within it the FAQs I enter via the web interface (not imported) show up properly, as does the first FAQ imported via my own method described above. The remainder of the FAQs do not show up, though. Are there any tables I am missing which could lead to this taking place? As mentioned the first FAQ I import always shows up properly when I select it within the single-category view, but while other categories show the proper count of FAQs within them clicking on the category does not show any of the other FAQs within. I can provide the INSERT statements I am using which populate the database if that helps. If there is a better way to do this kind of import I'm open to that as well.

I apologize if this has been covered before. Searching did not turn up what I was after.

Thanks,
AB
Thorsten

Re: Manually importing FAQs

Post by Thorsten »

Hi,

you need the permission tables as well, faqdata_user and faqdata_group. They have to be populated with the the record_id and the e.g. user_id, for example -1 if you want to grant permission for everyone.

bye
Thorsten
phpMyFAQ Maintainer and Lead Developer
amazon.de Wishlist
dajoker

Re: Manually importing FAQs

Post by dajoker »

Right you are. That's working. Thank-you.