Language display problems

In this board you can talk about general questions about phpMyFAQ

Moderator: Thorsten

spottedhaggis

Language display problems

Post by spottedhaggis »

I know, me again, sorry all.

k, my only issue now seems to be language related.

When selecting french, spannish etc they appear to be ok (not that I can read either of them), Arabic reverses everything on the screen, menu appears on right, scroll bars on lefts etc ( goto http://www.ifseurope.net/technical/kb2 and see for yourself)

I dont get anything like russian, chinese etc they are all weird.

Is this something I have done or is it a minor bug (I am more inclined to think it was me)
Thorsten

Post by Thorsten »

Hi,

which browser? I've tested with Forefox and it's working. IE6 does not support some of the languages... :(

bye
Thorsten
phpMyFAQ Maintainer and Lead Developer
amazon.de Wishlist
spottedhaggis

Post by spottedhaggis »

I may (more likely) have changed something, just not sure what, but have proved this fact I think.

I did a second install into a new folder and left the entire package as its default.

see it here - all languages display correctly in ie6.

http://www.ifseurope.net/textphpfaq/

Any idea what I could have changed that would have caused this?
spottedhaggis

Post by spottedhaggis »

I have removed all entries of faq from server - re-uploaded it and re-installed it. I then added my include command into the index.php file (this works fine when placed on line 146)

I then edit the index.tpl file to add tables to this to enable it to work with my dimensions.

This is the only change I have made, however, I cannot get some of the more colourful languages to display correctly, russian, chinese etc.

If I revert the tpl file back to its original format and it still failes.

In conclusion, I add the simple include line into the index.php and the language is all over the place, remove it and it works

Any help available with this would be great, thanks