Cannot add a new FAQ or make existing active or unactive

In this board you can talk about general questions about phpMyFAQ

Moderator: Thorsten

AidyPie

Cannot add a new FAQ or make existing active or unactive

Post by AidyPie »

Hi,
I have a problem that appears on both my local version of my faq using latest phpMyFAQ 2.6.4 version and on my live phpMyFAQ 2.6.3 version.
In the admin panel I cannot make recently added FAQ's to be active? The Active checkboxes have gone! :( Please see this image:

Also I cannot add a new FAQ either as the "Yes" radio button has gone too! :( See image here:

Its really weird, I have another different FAQ where the live version of phpMyFAQ 2.6.3 does not have this problem and neither does the phpMyFAQ 2.6.4 local version.

I believe I have been updating them all the same way, but don't know when the problem has occurred on the broken one as new FAQ's are not added as regular as my working one?

I have winmerged the working local copy of the working one and the broken local one and it appears there are no differences, apart from the themes, but I also used the default theme in the broken one and that still has the problem too.

I have also compared the database structures of both and they seem identical too!

I am now stuck as what to try next!
Any advice is much appreciated. :D

Kind Regards,
Adrian
Thorsten

Re: Cannot add a new FAQ or make existing active or unactive

Post by Thorsten »

HI,

please look into the permissions of your user in the user administration. It seems the permission to approve records is missing.

bye
Thorsten
phpMyFAQ Maintainer and Lead Developer
amazon.de Wishlist
AidyPie

Re: Cannot add a new FAQ or make existing active or unactive

Post by AidyPie »

Hi Thorsten,
That worked a treat! Thankyou.

Strange, it was ticked so I uncheked them all, then saved and then re-checked them all and saved and I got the functionality back!

Keep up the great work :)

Regards,
Adrian