Category question

In this board you can talk about general questions about phpMyFAQ

Moderator: Thorsten

trf000

Category question

Post by trf000 »

What does owning a category actually mean? does it mean faq's submitted to the category by someone other than the owner require approval? does it restrict submissions to the owner. I'm also confused about groups. How to create a group and add users to it.
Thorsten

Re: Category question

Post by Thorsten »

Hi,

a category owner receives like the admin e-mails for questions and new FAQs on that category.

You can create groups under the user administration in you enabled the medium permission settings. Adding users to groups is quite simple when you see it

bye
Thorsten
phpMyFAQ Maintainer and Lead Developer
amazon.de Wishlist
trf000

Post by trf000 »

i figured out groups was tied to the permission level about ten minutes after i posted. do'h!

I would like to see some group ownership of categories, preventing users/groups from adding/editing faq's in categories that do not belong to them, as well as an approval system, something like group administrator applied to a specific member(s) of a group.
Thorsten

Post by Thorsten »

Hi,

you can all do this, group rights overrides user rights

bye
Thorsten
amazon.de Wishlist
trf000

Post by trf000 »

Just following up. If an FAQ is owned by a specific group does that mean no other groups can edit or no other groups can view it? one or the other or both

I want to restrict editing of faq's by group, but allow viewing to everyone unless restricted.

I'm running phpMyFAQ 2.7.8 at the moment. If that is a feature of a newer distribution, I can upgrade.
Thorsten

Post by Thorsten »

Hi,

not yet implemented as no one requested this feature.

bye
Thorsten
amazon.de Wishlist
trf000

Post by trf000 »

I'll make an official request detailing specifics. I guess you can ask the community if you think it is needed.