Can't add new FAQ articles

In this board you can talk about general questions about phpMyFAQ

Moderator: Thorsten

skione

Can't add new FAQ articles

Post by skione »

When I try to add a new FAQ it redirects to the add FAQ page and then says Access Denied.

I imported a bunch of questions and answers (that do show up correctly) but it appears as if I must have missed a relational table somewhere.

It does add the record into faqcategoryrelations but not into faqdata

I can update the questions that have been added.

Also on another note, there is a bug with multi-site. When it creates the new set of tables (prefix)faqdata should be created as a MyISAM table with a PK and fulltext index. The table gets created as Innodb with no indexes. This only happens with added sites not the root site. This sounds like a simple fix; just specify the right engine in the right script.

However if you can please help me fix me database I would greatly appreciate it. Just let me know what you need from me.
Thorsten

Re: Can't add new FAQ articles

Post by Thorsten »

Hi,

for the multi site feature, sadly, it's a bigger issue which will be addressed with phpMyFAQ 2.9 as it's a bigger rewrite of this part of the code. Sorry for that!

For the FAQs, where does it say "access denied"? Maybe something is missing in the faqdata_user and faqdata_group relation tables?

bye
Thorsten
phpMyFAQ Maintainer and Lead Developer
amazon.de Wishlist
skione

Post by skione »

It says access denied in the body of the faq question where the wysiwyg editor is. What records do I need for new questions?
skione

Post by skione »

I checked the user and groups tables and there didn't seem to be any records there that I would need. Any chance you can help me a little further to identify the missing records?
Thorsten

Post by Thorsten »

Hi,

is it possible to get a dump of your FAQ database?

bye
Thorsten
phpMyFAQ Maintainer and Lead Developer
amazon.de Wishlist
skione

Post by skione »

Of course, should I email it to you?

EDIT:
I sent it to your support@ email address