Import FAQ Data From Flat Files

In this board you can talk about general questions about phpMyFAQ

Moderator: Thorsten

dweiss

Import FAQ Data From Flat Files

Post by dweiss »

Is there a way to load the FAQ data into phpMyFAQ in bulk by creating the FAQs in something like a word processor and then loading them into the system? What I am thinking is that it would be easier to do the FAQ writing in a word processor and then create a "flat," or text, file of the results which could then be imported into phpMyFAQ.

To do this I believe I would need to know how to format the file I want to import properly in terms of data placement, data delimiters, and so on, so I would need to know those specifications. The data I would like to do this for would be the primary FAQ records - the FAQ entry, with its category, the question, the answer, tags, keywords, author, and e-mail, etc.

Also, I would like to do this in a way that it adds records to whatever existing FAQ records already exist in my phpMyFAQ system, rather than over-writing what I have with the new records.

Is this possible? If so, just how would it be done and what is the correct formatting for the file and what needs to go into it? Or, is this all going to be more trouble that it is worth in terms of time savings and making it easier to load the database?

Thanks,

-Danny.
Thorsten

Re: Import FAQ Data From Flat Files

Post by Thorsten »

Hi,

currently there's no importer for that. But you can copy&paste your content into the editor, the formattings should be copied as well.

bye
Thorsten
phpMyFAQ Maintainer and Lead Developer
amazon.de Wishlist