Search for "relevant" answers

In this board you can talk about general questions about phpMyFAQ

Moderator: Thorsten

rowan.bradley

Search for "relevant" answers

Post by rowan.bradley »

When I add a new question to my FAQ, the system displays a list of what I suppose are meant to be possibly relevant answers. I suppose that the point of this is to give the answer immediately, if it is available, and avoid duplicate questions being added. My FAQ is pretty new, so doesn't have many answers in it yet. So far, every time the list of "relevant answers" has been shown, there has been nothing at all relevant there. How are relevant answers found? What are the rules used? Can I adjust them, or reprogram them? Or can I turn this feature off temporarily? At the moment, the list of supposedly relevant answers is just an annoyance.

Thanks - Rowan
Thorsten

Re: Search for "relevant" answers

Post by Thorsten »

Hi Rowan,

in the upcoming 2.9 release you can turn off the feature "smart answering" (if it's not so smart).

The rule for the smart answer is to do a full text search of the question you posted on the questions and keywords minus some removed stop words (like "the", "a", and so on in English) to suggest possible answered questions.

bye
Thorsten
phpMyFAQ Maintainer and Lead Developer
amazon.de Wishlist
rowan.bradley

Post by rowan.bradley »

Thanks for your reply. I think for now it is probably best just to turn off the smart answers. When is version 2.9 expected to be available?

Thanks - Rowan
Thorsten

Post by Thorsten »

Hi,

we're working on it, hopefully sometime this year.

bye
Thorsten
phpMyFAQ Maintainer and Lead Developer
amazon.de Wishlist