Link to Glossary Term Entry

In this board you can talk about general questions about phpMyFAQ

Moderator: Thorsten

dweiss

Link to Glossary Term Entry

Post by dweiss »

Is it possible to create a link to a single term in the FAQ Glossary? If so, how does one do this?

Specifically, say you define the term "SMTP" in the glossary. How can you then create a hyper link so that a user can be taken directly to the Glossary entry for "SMTP" by clicking on the link?
-Danny
E-mail Contact Form for Danny Weiss
DC Society of Certified Public Managers
www.dccpm.org
Thorsten

Re: Link to Glossary Term Entry

Post by Thorsten »

Hi,

glossary terms are always shown with their corresponding tooltip. You could link them manually with your list of glossary terms.

bye
Thorsten
phpMyFAQ Maintainer and Lead Developer
amazon.de Wishlist
dweiss

Post by dweiss »

Thorsten wrote: glossary terms are always shown with their corresponding tooltip. You could link them manually with your list of glossary terms.
Thorsten
Thorsten -

I am not sure what you mean, here. What is a "tool tip" and how does that enable me to link to a glossary entry. I have attached a screen shot (glossary.jpg) of several of the defined items from a page of my glossary section (also visible at: www.eudorafaqs.com/faq/glossary.html). From what I can tell, there is nothing in the image or on the page that allows me to link to a specific term, such as "Address Book," or "Attachment,"

When I edit the glossary page, I do see that the "Address Book" entry, for example, has a link URL of www.eudorafaqs.com/faq/admin/?action=editglossary&id=2, but that link information seems useless unless the system is in edit mode with an authorized user logged in. What I am trying to do is provide a link to a normal user, one who does not log in to the system, so that they can go directly to specific glossary term.

Thanks,
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-Danny
E-mail Contact Form for Danny Weiss
DC Society of Certified Public Managers
www.dccpm.org
Thorsten

Post by Thorsten »

Hi,

there's a wrong JS code in your template (artikel.tpl). I saw on your page

Code: Select all

<script>
                $(function(){