Duplicate Users Appearing

In this board you can talk about general questions about phpMyFAQ

Moderator: Thorsten

eptco

Duplicate Users Appearing

Post by eptco »

Not sure if this is a bug or misconfiguration so I will put it here.

We had an install of version 2.8.13. Under this version, there were a few places where duplicate users would appear.

Under Users >
  • , there would be pages and pages of duplicate users. All the users listed here were created through the admin interface and were intended for employees to edit articles. They would all have the same ID and everything. Some accounts are duplicated more than others. One user, Katie is listed 4 times, another Cameron is listed more than 20, three users aren't duplicated at all.

There were also duplicates if you tried to use the "User Permissions" setting for an individual FAQ article. Once again certain users might be listed more than others. So Katie shows up 4 times, and Cameron is listed more than 20, etc.

I checked the sql tables faquserdata and faquser and there were no duplicates in the tables.

We updated to version 2.8.23. And this fixed the duplicates under the Users >
    • section. There are still the same number of pages as before, but now it correctly shows both users created through the admin interface as well as accounts created by customers.

But there are still duplicates showing up in the "User Permissions" setting for FAQ articles.
Thorsten

Re: Duplicate Users Appearing

Post by Thorsten »

Hi,

did you check the table faquser_right? It contains the permissions of all users.

bye
Thorsten
phpMyFAQ Maintainer and Lead Developer
amazon.de Wishlist
eptco

Post by eptco »

Looks like there are users listed more than once in there.

Code: Select all

user_id | right_id
1       | Multiple times, values 1-43
2       | Multiple times, values 1-43
3       | Multiple times, values 1-43
154     | Multiple times, values 1-43
200     | Multiple times, values 1-43
634     | Multiple times, values 1-41
2281    | Multiple times, values 5, 7, 21, 22, 24, 32-37, 43
2421    | Multiple times, values 1-43
2422    | Multiple times, values 4 and 5
2426    | Multiple times, values 4, 10, 13, 21, 28
This normal?
Thorsten

Post by Thorsten »

Hi,

depends on how many users do you have. Each user has up to 43 rights.

bye
Thorsten
amazon.de Wishlist
eptco

Post by eptco »

Ok that makes sense. That table looks fine, no duplicates in there.

I have around 2500 users total, most of them are customer accounts. In the past we changed it so that customers cannot create or log in since we no longer needed that feature. We left all the accounts and just blocked them. We only have 13 active accounts which are being used by employees.

I took another look, and it seems like the list is actually around 2500 entries long, which makes sense since there is one per user. But since the other accounts are set to blocked they are not showing up, and are instead being replaced with an active user. I tested that by unblocking a blocked user and all of a sudden they showed up in the list as being duplicated.

I attached a screenshot in case my description is confusing. You will see that not all users are duplicated. The user Bryant was blocked before, and so wasn't showing up in the "user permissions" list at all. But once I unblocked him he appeared in the list, and appeared multiple times. You can see from the scroll bar that the list is very long, and I expect it is around 2500 entries, but they are just filled with 13 of the active users.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Thorsten

Post by Thorsten »

Hi,

okay, looks like a bug. Please add this issue at our issue tracker at Github: https://github.com/thorsten/phpMyFAQ/issues

Thank you very much!

Cheers
Thorsten
amazon.de Wishlist
eptco

Post by eptco »

Will do, thank you for your quick replies.
Thorsten

Post by Thorsten »

Hi,

thanks for the ticket, will work on that!

bye
Thorsten
amazon.de Wishlist