phpMyFAQ "destroys" my other site sessions?

In this board you can talk about general questions about phpMyFAQ

Moderator: Thorsten

olealm

phpMyFAQ "destroys" my other site sessions?

Post by olealm »

Hi,
I run phpMyFAQ in a subfolder in a site I made from scratch, i.e. no WordPress or likewise.
I use sessions for login and other settings (layout/style etc). This worked fine, until I installed and started using phpMyFAQ. After a few clicks within the FAQ, going back to the main pages, all sessions are reset/destroyed, and I have to login again.
I originally set up phpMyFAQ in an iFrame, and this worked ok after removing the "escape from iFrame" parts of the code. I didn't notice the problem until I made some changes today, and I see that my sessions are "destroyed".

Have also tried running phpMyFAQ in a separate (_blank) window with alle the original files (without the mods preventing the iFrame escape), but the same happens.

Any suggestions?

Is phpMyFAQ supposed to be able to run integrated in a site that uses cookies/Sessions?

EDIT: This only happens when I log on to phpMyFAQ. As long as not logged on, al is well.
Thorsten

Re: phpMyFAQ "destroys" my other site sessions?

Post by Thorsten »

Hi,

what changes did you? I run phpBB and phpMyFAQ in the same space and it works well. phpMyFAQ uses an own session.

bye
Thorsten
phpMyFAQ Maintainer and Lead Developer
amazon.de Wishlist