URL or IP address problem

In this board you can talk about general questions about phpMyFAQ

Moderator: Thorsten

yafeiliu

URL or IP address problem

Post by yafeiliu »

Hello
My name is Liuyafei,I am using the phpMyFAQ(2.9.4),it is very helpful for my work.But I met a question.
For example ,My phpMyFAQ'URL is "https://10.11.41.18/phpmyfaq","10.11.41.18"is also my IP address.But one day the IP address of my cumputer is changed by some reason,
I can't open the phpMyFAQ anymore.How can I open it again? Could you teach me.Thank you very much. :cry: :cry: :cry:
Thorsten

Re: URL or IP address problem

Post by Thorsten »

Hi,

do you have database access? If yes, you can change the address in the faqconfig table.

bye
Thorsten
phpMyFAQ Maintainer and Lead Developer
amazon.de Wishlist
yafeiliu

Post by yafeiliu »

Dear Thorsten
I'm so sorry for the late response,I have the database access,but I don't know which document need to change or where is the document contained the address information.

yafeiliu
camel_Trophy

Post by camel_Trophy »

I ran into this problem and I was able to correct the issue, follow these steps. As Thorsten mentioned you need access to the database, mine was local and I suspect yours is the same way. My database's name is faqdb, make sure you use the name for your db. Also use whatever username for your mysql, mine is root since I am only testing the engine. Change the config_value to the new ip address and directory as noted below. Have fun.

[root@localhost admin]# mysql -u root -p
Enter Password:

mysql> use faqdb;
mysql> show tables;
mysql> select * from faqconfig;
mysql> update faqconfig set config_value='http://your.new.ip.address/faqdirectory' where config_name='main.referenceURL' ;
mysql> exit