Can I Hide Asked (Open) Questions until they are approved?

In this board you can talk about general questions about phpMyFAQ

Moderator: Thorsten

griz

Can I Hide Asked (Open) Questions until they are approved?

Post by griz »

I am using 1.6.5 and am wondering if it is possible to hide an asked question from public view until I can approve it for public use.
I am setting up an FAQ for an elementary school and do not want just anyone getting in and asking an inappropriate question.
I would like to log into the admin panel periodically and see the questions and then release them for viewing. This could run much in the way that answers await admin approval before being added as content.
I seem to recall seeing this in the v2 alpha release. How hard would it be to write this into a future 1.6 release? It is a great way to secure the FAQ until 2.0 is ready.

Thanks,
Scott G.
Thorsten

Post by Thorsten »

Hi,

as you noticed this is implemented in the upcoming phpMyFAQ 2.0.0-alpha release. Please write me an e-mail so I can send you a patch for your 1.6 version.

bye
Thorsten
phpMyFAQ Maintainer and Lead Developer
amazon.de Wishlist
griz

Post by griz »

Thorsten wrote:Hi,

as you noticed this is implemented in the upcoming phpMyFAQ 2.0.0-alpha release. Please write me an e-mail so I can send you a patch for your 1.6 version.

bye
Thorsten
I sent the e-mail. Thanks, I really appreciate that.

On a related note. Does version 2.0 offer the ability to control user access to waiting questions?
We are hoping to have 6th graders answering the incoming questions. We do not want the 6th graders accounts to have access to new questions. Only the moderators. Moderators will then clear questions for the kids to asnwer once they are deemed appropriate for them to see.
This is an added layer of protection that we feel is necessary to prevent them from viewing potentially inappropriate questions.
Preventing them from posting directly for public viewing is still a priority, but allowing different access privelege layers for open questions would open new uses for the FAQ to be a learning tool.
Thanks,
Scott G.
Thorsten

Post by Thorsten »

Hi,
griz wrote:I sent the e-mail. Thanks, I really appreciate that.
I received your mail but it will take some days to answer.
griz wrote:On a related note. Does version 2.0 offer the ability to control user access to waiting questions?
Yes, this is configurable in 2.0

bye
Thorsten
phpMyFAQ Maintainer and Lead Developer
amazon.de Wishlist