PhpMyFaq 1.6.1 - Mysql error

In this board you can talk about general questions about phpMyFAQ

Moderator: Thorsten

shouri

PhpMyFaq 1.6.1 - Mysql error

Post by shouri »

Hello!
I'm new to PhpMyFaq. I've been tasked to "ressurect" an old version (1.6.1) that shows the following errors:
Warning: mysql_num_rows(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /web/htdocs/xxxxx/home/faq/inc/mysql.php on line 176
Warning: mysql_result(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /web/htdocs/xxxxxx/home/faq/inc/mysql.php on line 312
Warning: mysql_fetch_object(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /web/htdocs/xxxxxx/home/faq/inc/mysql.php on line 144

I initially thought it had something to do with the php version (actually 5.2.17), so I tried to transfer the entire setup (files and database) to a new environment (php 5.6.31), then upgrade gradually to the latest version...........but it didn't work.
Adjusting the code here and there I've been able to upgrade up to 2.0.0 version but now the frontend just shows there are 331 faqs but I can't search nor see them anywhere.

Since it's and old and unmantained version, is there a way to do a fresh install of the latest version in the new server and somehow recover the content form the old database?
Thorsten

Re: PhpMyFaq 1.6.1 - Mysql error

Post by Thorsten »

Hi,

please send me an mail to thorsten AT phpmyfaq DOT de

Thanks!

bye
Thorsten
phpMyFAQ Maintainer and Lead Developer
amazon.de Wishlist
shouri

Post by shouri »

Hi!
I think I somehow did it.
I upgraded from 1.6.1 to 2.9.6, switching from version to version and manually changing the structure of the database everytime the update process didn't succeed; I also had to insert some manual data in the tables (faqcategory_group, faqcategory_user, faqdata_user .....).
Then I did a fresh install of 2.9.6 and attached it to the recovered database and now I have a working installation. :dance:
I tried to upgrade to 2.9.8 but after that, as reported from others, no matter what I tried I couldn't login anymore. So I reverted back to 2.9.6.
Thorsten

Post by Thorsten »

Hi,

awesome! The login issue should be fixed with 2.9.9

bye
Thorsten
amazon.de Wishlist
martinakrystal

Post by martinakrystal »

Hello
Hello! I'm new to PhpMyFaq. I've been tasked to "ressurect" an old version (1.6.1).

Post by Thorsten »

Hi,

please send me an mail to thorsten AT phpmyfaq DOT de

Thanks!

bye
Thorsten
amazon.de Wishlist