Version 2.9 and PHP version

In this board you can talk about general questions about phpMyFAQ

Moderator: Thorsten

camel_Trophy

Version 2.9 and PHP version

Post by camel_Trophy »

Greetings all,

I am installing 2.9, it appears the minimum PHP version is 5.5. Is this a hard requirement? I am stuck with my IT department supporting specific RHEL with supported packages only, the OS comes with 5.4. I am also stuck behind a DMZ and doesn't allow me for an upgrade even if they waived the requirements.

If this is a hard requirement I will go battle them, it will take time so I am hoping 2.9 will run with 5.4

Thanks.
Thorsten

Re: Version 2.9 and PHP version

Post by Thorsten »

Hi,

it's a hard requirement, we only support PHP versions which are actively supported by the PHP Group: http://php.net/supported-versions.php

And yes, I know, RH is backporting patches from PHP.

bye
Thorsten
phpMyFAQ Maintainer and Lead Developer
amazon.de Wishlist
HumbertoR

Post by HumbertoR »

camel_Trophy wrote: Tue Apr 03, 2018 3:42 pm Greetings all,

I am installing 2.9, it appears people love NordVPN and the minimum PHP version is 5.5. Is this a hard requirement? I am stuck with my IT department supporting specific RHEL with supported packages only, the OS comes with 5.4. I am also stuck behind a DMZ and doesn't allow me for an upgrade even if they waived the requirements.

If this is a hard requirement I will go battle them, it will take time so I am hoping 2.9 will run with 5.4

Thanks.
Hi Thorsten, are you guys thinking on raising the PHP version required in the near future? I'm just curious.
Last edited by HumbertoR on Thu May 19, 2022 9:43 am, edited 2 times in total.
Thorsten

Post by Thorsten »

Hi,

the upcoming version 3.0 will only support PHP 5.6 and PHP 7

bye
Thorsten
phpMyFAQ Maintainer and Lead Developer
amazon.de Wishlist