Help: Approve FAQ

In this board you can talk about general questions about phpMyFAQ

Moderator: Thorsten

Onur

Help: Approve FAQ

Post by Onur »

Hi

I installed phpMyFaq 2.0.3 on Apache 2.x server, running with MySQL Server 5.0 and Php 4.

When a guest user adds a content (suggests), it is supposed to be displayed in the "admin panel" under "approve faqs" section, right? Yeah, in my case, it does not. As the admin, I get an email from that user and I am notified about the suggested FAQ but that's it. Is that a configuration issue or what?

Thanks in advance for your kind assistance,

Onur
Thorsten

Post by Thorsten »

Hi,

I'll take a look at that issue.

bye
Thorsten
phpMyFAQ Maintainer and Lead Developer
amazon.de Wishlist
macnlos

Post by macnlos »

Thorsten,

Any word on this? I'm on 2.0.3 as well and I'm not seeing FAQ submitted by users. I just submitted one as a regular user and the email was sent but when I go to the admin panel to approve the FAQ it's not there.

I opened the database with phpmyadmin and I can see the users and my new FAQ entries at the end of the FAQDATA table and they are not active. For now I can simply flag them as active as a work around.

CR
kalrnux

Post by kalrnux »

Hello,

I have a patch that fixes this issue. What would be the best way to submit it to the developers?
Thorsten

Post by Thorsten »

Hi,

just send it to me by e-mail: thorsten AT phpmyfaq DOT de

Thank you!

bye
Thorsten
phpMyFAQ Maintainer and Lead Developer
amazon.de Wishlist
macnlos

Post by macnlos »

What's the best way to get this patch prior to the next release? Also, which files would it be in?

Thanks,
CR
jlhour

Post by jlhour »

kalrnux wrote:Hello,
I have a patch that fixes this issue. What would be the best way to submit it to the developers?
I try to find out where this issue is solved (if it is solved) in the latest release. Could someone explain me what are the affected files?

Thanks.

Edit:
OK, found it in record.show.php. I do not need help on that point anymore, thanks.