Search problems

In this board you can talk about general questions about phpMyFAQ

Moderator: Thorsten

natefanaro

Search problems

Post by natefanaro »

I have a list of error messages that all have numbers associated with them. (it's dialup networking errors that show in windows) and they're all three numbers long. Any time that I search for one of the error numbers specifically they will not show up. I placed the error number in the title, keywords, and the actual article and they still will not show up when searching for a 3 digit number. I tried the same for 3 letter words and nothing comes up in search. Any fixes?

Thanks!
Thorsten

Post by Thorsten »

Hi,

do you use MySQL 3.23.x? If yes, that's the problem. MySQL 4.0 does not have these restrictions...

bye
Thorsten
phpMyFAQ Maintainer and Lead Developer
amazon.de Wishlist
natefanaro

Post by natefanaro »

Thanks for helping. Here's what shows on the admin page. I don't really understand why it would show two different versions.

MySQL Client Version
MySQL 3.23.49

MySQL Server Version
MySQL 4.0.17-max-debug
natefanaro

Post by natefanaro »

I'm looking around on google and I think I got it. (although I'm sure you know of this but I'm curious and it will be helpful to others in the forum)

The variable ft_min_word_len is 4 and can be changed in my.cnf I think. I don't have access to the file right now so I can't try it but changing it it should help.

You can view this variable by running the query:
SHOW VARIABLES LIKE 'ft_min_word_len'

Oh, wait. It looks like that variable can't be changed unless you have version 4.0.

Anyway, The reason why I posted both earlier was I wasn't sure if you meant Client version or Server version. I'm thinking client. Looks like I'll be doing some updating tonight!
Thorsten

Post by Thorsten »

Hi,

the MySQL server version is okay. You should be able to edit your my.cnf and it should work,

bye
Thorsten
phpMyFAQ Maintainer and Lead Developer
amazon.de Wishlist
natefanaro

Post by natefanaro »

Oh, cool. I wasn't sure if you meant Client or Server. Good thing I'm lazy and didn't try to update anything!