3.0-alpha 2 - News and 2nd Category not working

Please report bugs here!

Moderator: Thorsten

havoc479

3.0-alpha 2 - News and 2nd Category not working

Post by havoc479 » Tue Jul 24, 2018 12:05 am

I looked around to see if this is just how it is as it's a non stable alpha version, but I didn't find anything so I'm hopeful that maybe I'm doing something wrong and can be fixed. I thought I'd register and ask about it here :)

Anyway I setup a virtual Ubuntu with Mysql, PHP 7.2, Apache2 and all the other reqs, I installed phpmyfaq successfully and started testing. I found that a news article can be created but can never be viewed. It tries to go to: http://192.168.168.2/phpmyfaq/index.php ... ewslang=en but returns a HTTP ERROR 500. Same thing goes for subcategories, the first category works fine, but child categories return a HTTP ERROR 500.

I thought maybe I did something wrong so I setup the server again but same results. I never had issues with the older versions 2.4 and 2.8 so I figured it just might be the alpha version. So I tried the most recent 2.9.10 and voila, it worked.

I guess I just want to confirm if it's just the alpha version that has these issues or if it's my setup or something?

Thanks

Thorsten

Re: 3.0-alpha 2 - News and 2nd Category not working

Post by Thorsten » Tue Jul 24, 2018 7:03 pm

Hi,

thanks for the feedback, I fixed all reported issues right now. The third alpha version will be out soon and it's much more stable!

bye
Thorsten
phpMyFAQ Maintainer and Lead Developer
amazon.de Wishlist