Potential Bug in Questions Feature, PMF 2.6.5

Please report bugs here!

Moderator: Thorsten

dajoker

Potential Bug in Questions Feature, PMF 2.6.5

Post by dajoker »

Being a bit new to PMF I cannot guarantee this is a bug, but it seems like one. When a question is answered I get the new FAQ entry (inactive until somebody changes that) as I expect, but the original question persists in the list of 'Open Questions' and that doesn't make much sense to me. Is that correct? Does it go away at some point? I suppose I could set the 'Disable visibility of new questions' option but it seems like that would prevent all questions from being publicly visible. I do not mind external users answering questions, but I do not want a dozen responses to the same question if the first one suffices and is approved. The docs do not seem to specify exactly how this should all work so I could easily be just missing the whole point here.

Expected Results:
Answering a question removes the question from the public list, perhaps until the question's answer is rejected as not being good enough or something by an admin.

Actual Results:
Open Questions live forever.
Thorsten

Re: Potential Bug in Questions Feature, PMF 2.6.5

Post by Thorsten »

Hi,

yes, open questions are still open if someone answered a question. This has a simple reason, please let me explain: If an anonymous user would answer a question which doesn't make any sense and the open question would be deleted, you would have a problem. That's why we don't remove the open questions if they are answered.

But any improvements on this workflow are appreciated.

bye
Thorsten
phpMyFAQ Maintainer and Lead Developer
amazon.de Wishlist
dajoker

Post by dajoker »

Okay, that's more or less what I expected. Along these lines where do administrators see new FAQs that are not set as active? For example the public creates a question and somebody else from the public (or even a regular user) creates an answer. I see this in faqdata but it is not 'active' so it's not available otherwise.

As the admin what I can do is go into Content and search assuming I know where the new FAQ exists, but that doesn't seem realistic since knowing where the new FAQs are implies I know more about the FAQ entries than is likely when the public is really submitting them. There must be a view somewhere of inactive FAQ entries, or maybe some kind of notification I'm not getting with a link to the new FAQ for internal admins only when it is created... maybe?

Thanks for the quick responses.
Thorsten

Post by Thorsten »

Hi,

you can see the deactivated entries in the list view of all entries. But a second view for all unapproved entries is a good idea.

bye
Thorsten
phpMyFAQ Maintainer and Lead Developer
amazon.de Wishlist
dajoker

Post by dajoker »

Yes, this will be critical for me. I cannot casually browse a list view of 61K (and growing) entries. I'll see if I can whip something up right quick with what you have currently to make this work in a hurry.