Users Administration Bug, PMF 2.6.5

Please report bugs here!

Moderator: Thorsten

dajoker

Users Administration Bug, PMF 2.6.5

Post by dajoker »

This is nothing critical as far as I can tell, but if a non-user/group-administrating user accesses the Administrative interface after logging in (in order to work with categories, FAQs, the Glossary, or whatever) and they click on 'Users' the page does not really return properly from an application standpoint. The timer at the top stays on 'Loading...' and the page, aside from the title and headers, does not tell the user they are not allowed. On other pages, for example, 'Statistics', the user is told they are not authorized when they cannot see anything and the timer at the top of the page still works. It would be nice if the Users link could be hidden for non-authorized users or if they could at least be told they are not authorized so they do not think the web application is still working to load the page.
dajoker

Re: Users Administration Bug, PMF 2.6.5

Post by dajoker »

Update: the Configuration tab behaves the same way as the Users tab so that would also be a bug I suppose. Same fix for everything: make it work like Statistics.
Thorsten

Post by Thorsten »

Hi,

you are right. I already fixed it for the 2.6.6 release.

bye
Thorsten
phpMyFAQ Maintainer and Lead Developer
amazon.de Wishlist
dajoker

Post by dajoker »

Not sure if this is exactly the same, but the symptom is similar. The 'Loading...' timer at the top does it never-show-a-time thingy when previewing an authored document. I have rights to author, though, so it's not necessarily rights but perhaps you are able to find the same symptom's different problem by this description.

Duplicate:
Author FAQ
Preview
Notice timer does not advance.

Thanks.
Thorsten

Post by Thorsten »

Hi,

yes, there's a fatal error. :-(

Here's the fix: http://github.com/thorsten/phpMyFAQ/com ... 122a2aa259

Thanks!