Below is my Feed Back and and the very bottom is bugs and different things i have noticed while trying out version 2.. i hope you can use some of my information that i have provided to help improove phpmyfaq, and just so you know from the other comment that was made on the previous post when you said you do this for free and on your own time... i am totally aware of this that you do this on your spare time and its free.. i was just asking when was you acually going to release the alpha version after u said it was ready to ship...... and really and truly appreciate all your time you put into this and
I have had all afternoon to work and play around with the alpha v2 and theres prolly literally hundreds of bugs yet still out there. if you have any questions about anything below then by all means ask me and i will try to explain my self the best that i can....
1. Like the New Design Layout and easy to use
2. like the functionality of alpha
3. Like that the login and Register are now at the top instead of bottom so it’s more visible
1. When someone goes to email you after it says message sent. The same captcha code remains underneath instead of either not displaying it after it says mail sent, or to have it input a new set of captcha. Because that allows messages to keep being sent without imputing new captcha
2. Do not like that the box where you enter captcha code is not aligned would be nicer
If it was directly underneath or Beside the Captcha code just because it makes everything look
3. I also thought that Facebook support when you said it was implemented meant Facebook
Connect, that should be made clearer, sad that Facebook Connects not being implemented.
Bugs or problems- I have found not sure which ones you care about or not sure which ones you know
About so I will just put below what I found…. And just to let you know this is a fresh install that I’m testing this out on.
1. Twitter Connect is still not working, last time the boxes where you entered in the keys where misaligned but now there all in the proper location... the twitter button does not show up.
3. Https is not functioning, not sure why but it shows up as nothing being encrypted at login or anywhere
And I have even enabled “only allow logins over secure connection.
4. For some reason phpmyfaq is really slow while in admin, when I am at the frontend it runs and switches smoothly, for example when I click on all categories or add a faq, But in the Admin panel it’s almost like it has to refresh when I click on dashboard or configuration because the page goes white then it finally loads the page I’m trying to go to.
5. Adding images to a FAQ is not working correctly. I went to add an image then I went to add a 2nd image and I had 20 more minutes left on login counter but a box kept popping up asking for me to login
So I entered my username admin then my pass code and it would not accept it so I exited that and logged out and logged back in and it let me in but when I went back the and tried it when the pop up came up when I added an image it wouldn’t let me.
6. Keywords and Tags not working correctly when you input a keyword or tag it says “please separate words by comma” but it starts off and says it 3 times then every time I click back and forth between the tag and keyword box it adds another one so by the time you’re done you have a paragraph that says please separate word by comma.
7. Searching Feature is not working, I have added several categories and FAQ but when I go to search for them it says no Faq Record Available.
8. I created test categories and faqs, the went to the front end and clicked on them and it displayed the FAQ categories but wouldn’t display the answers
There is so much more room for improvements though, it’s going to take the rest of the year to get this working correctly, it’s basically a template that looks nice and is going to have a lot of functionality when it’s all said and done but nothing workable yet I have not really noticed anything that was fixed, seems to be the same issues as alpha 1