Glossary overlay not showing

Please report bugs here!

Moderator: Thorsten

faqqalea

Glossary overlay not showing

Post by faqqalea »

Hi all,

I've installed the latest release (2.8.8) and it is my first experience with phpmyfaq, so far very positive.
Everything working more or less fine, added some keywords to the glossary and they are highlighted in the article/news text.
When hovering with the mouse over the underlined word, I get the arrow+question-mark pointer, but I'd expect to have a popup or overlay with the definition... which is not coming up.

Any idea?

Tried with IE/Firefox/Chrome on different machines, so I guess it's a setup issue.

D
Thorsten

Re: Glossary overlay not showing

Post by Thorsten »

Hi,

do you get any JS errors?

bye
Thorsten
phpMyFAQ Maintainer and Lead Developer
amazon.de Wishlist
faqqalea

Post by faqqalea »

Hi Thorsten,

Thanks for the answer.

Using Firefox: I cannot see any error when hovering or clicking on the underlined word, but when loading the page I get the bunch of errors as per attached .zip file

Using Chrome: no errors on hovering, but when clicking I get the following:
event.returnValue is deprecated. Please use the standard event.preventDefault() instead. phpmyfaq.min.js:3

Using IE: cannot really see anything :(

D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Thorsten

Post by Thorsten »

Hi,

only some CSS issues, nothing problematic. Can I access your FAQ as I cannot reproduce your issue...

bye
Thorsten
amazon.de Wishlist
Thorsten

Post by Thorsten »

Hi,

does it work here for you? http://jen.demo.phpmyfaq.de/index.php?a ... artlang=de

bye
Thorsten
amazon.de Wishlist
faqqalea

Post by faqqalea »

Sadly, yes.

Unfortunately I think it's an installation or server setup issue, all my browsers show the tooltip correctly at the link you posted.
faqqalea

Post by faqqalea »

Hi,

Sorry, didn't see the previous post.

To summarize:
1) Your link works from the same clients and with the same browsers that I'm using usually.
2) Same machines and same browsers, our site doesn't display the popup glossary.
3) Unfortunately it is privately hosted in our firm, and not accessible from the outside.

I can check if there is any relevant log on our server, would you recommend any log setting for Apache/PHP that might highlight the issue?

TIA,
D
Thorsten

Post by Thorsten »

Hi,

I don't think it's a server side issue. Is it possible to get a saved HTML page of your broken glossary item?

bye
Thorsten
amazon.de Wishlist
faqqalea

Post by faqqalea »

Hi,

I think we're on a major breakthrough here... I've tested further the glossary, to double check my setup, and IT DOES WORK on a regular faq/article :)
As posted before, it didn't, and unfortunately it still doesn't, work on a News.

As in the attachment, the glossary terms in the news get underlined/highlighted, but no overlay appears, while in a regular article it appears as intended (see attached screenshots).
Should Glossary items appear in a News article? I guess they should, since they're highlighted...
(I tried with the demo site posted earlier but can't find the credentials to log in and post a News).

On a side note, maybe another "bug"...
1) Create a news from admin panel, flag to allow comments
2) Add a comment to the news
3) Check the news as any user, comment shows fine under it
4) Go back to admin panel and delete the news created at #1
5) Create another news with a different title/text/author/anything, allow comments here too
6) Go back to main page, check the news... and the comment from #2 is still there, though it was submitted for a different news...
(you can see it in the second screenshot below, the comment there was left on a previous news, not on the current one)

Let me know if you want me to publish this second issue on a separate thread or on Git.

Thanks!
Dave
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Thorsten

Post by Thorsten »

Hi,

you're right, the JS code is missing for the news!

Please post these 2 issues on Github and I'll fix them asap for 2.8.9

Thanks!

bye
Thorsten
amazon.de Wishlist
Thorsten

Post by Thorsten »

Hi,

this is the first fix for the tooltip in news: https://github.com/thorsten/phpMyFAQ/co ... ec6a6a8285

bye
Thorsten
amazon.de Wishlist