Categories bug

Please report bugs here!

Moderator: Thorsten

tomperys

Categories bug

Post by tomperys »

Hi,

I found a bug, when I add new FAQ article and choose Group permissions: Restricted access to (some of our group) and save it, it seems to be OK. But each following editing (and saving with the same permissions) will causes that the entire category of this one FAQ article will inherit the same permissions and disappears for ordinary users :-/

We use 2.8.19 version.
Thorsten

Re: Categories bug

Post by Thorsten »

Hi,

which permission has the whole category?

bye
Thorsten
phpMyFAQ Maintainer and Lead Developer
amazon.de Wishlist
tomperys

Post by tomperys »

Hi

the category have "Access for all groups" but when we save the FAQ as "Restricted access to" this same permisson (Restricted access to) is set for the whole category under which the FAQ article is....
Thorsten

Post by Thorsten »

Hi,

I checked the code and tries to reproduce the issue. I see the code wasn't changed for 2 years or so. But I couldn't add a group permission to a new FAQ in a category without any permissions... I'm puzzled.

bye
Thorsten
amazon.de Wishlist
tomperys

Post by tomperys »

I believe you have still login to our site (or I can resend it to you) or simply try this:

- create some category with permisson Access for all groups and Access for all users
- create FAQ under this category and set: visible:YES, Group permissions: Restricted access to (and select any existing group)

When you save it first, it usualy do nothing, but when you edit it again, add some text, dont change the permission and left it to "Restricted access to" (and select any existing group) and save it.... the second time (and each other) will change the category permissions and the category will be not visible for normal user (who is not logged in).
Thorsten

Post by Thorsten »

Hi,

please resend my credentials for your FAQ again, I'll delete these information all the time due to security concerns.
tomperys wrote: - create some category with permisson Access for all groups and Access for all users
- create FAQ under this category and set: visible:YES, Group permissions: Restricted access to (and select any existing group)
that shouldn't work at all as FAQs inherited the permissions from their category:
category inheritance.png
You can see, you cannot select a category with permission.

bye
Thorsten
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
amazon.de Wishlist
tomperys

Post by tomperys »

pm sent...
tomperys

Post by tomperys »

no progress?
Thorsten

Post by Thorsten »

Hi,

not yet, hopefully until the end of month.

bye
Thorsten
amazon.de Wishlist
Thorsten

Post by Thorsten »

amazon.de Wishlist
tomperys

Post by tomperys »

Thanks

it works but there is still problem - now we cant change the group permissions at all, it seems it take the permission of the category. So when I make category that is visible only for the group, I can make a FAQ visible also only for the group. But when I want to change category of that FAQ to another (move the FAQ to visible category - once we tested it in the category that only we can see) it happend again the same, the visible category will be no more visible.....

*PS: the goal is to have some option to view the published FAQ only from our side and if it will be approved move it to the category where it will be visible for all users.
Thorsten

Post by Thorsten »

Hi,

okay, I'll do more tests.

bye
Thorsten
amazon.de Wishlist
Thorsten

Post by Thorsten »