I'm using phpMyFAQ 2.9.0 running on XAMPP 3.2.2.
I'm not using mcrypt so theoretically the default php AES encryption should be used to encrypt attachments.
You can reproduce the broken functionality by following these steps:
- Login to the admin interface
- Enable the Attachment Encryption option in the Configuration with an encryption key
- Add a FAQ, fill title and try to attach a short txt file to it clicking the "Add new attachment" button.
- Browse for the txt file in the popup window
- Click the "OK" button
At this point a new page appears within the popup window with the "Add an attachment to the issue " text and nothing else (no "Back" link to the FAQ).
- Close the popup window using [X] or Alt+F4
- Save the FAQ using the "Save" button
- Wait for the FAQ editing page to appear for the newly added FAQ
- Click on the attachment
At this point a new page appears with an empty frame (almost empty, it shows a header "FAQ") - you don't get a download dialog or anything.
When examining the attachments/ folder you'll realize the directory structure was created for the attachment but no attachment inside.
When examining the database you'll realize a record was created for the attachment, no attachment was created physically though ...