Not a bug as much as a question

Please report bugs here!

Moderator: Thorsten

tomjinx1

Not a bug as much as a question

Post by tomjinx1 »

On the Category page where it list all the categories and how many faqs are in each category, is there a way to only show the number of faqs in a category that a user can see.

For instance, I have a site where there are guest and then a group called technicians. I have many faqs that are restricted to technicians only. When a guest is looking at the category list, they may see 10 faqs listed for a specific category but when they go into that category, they don't see 3 faqs (the ones they have access to). Is there a way that when they are viewing the categories, to only show the number of faqs they have access to?

Along the same line, is there a way that if a guest doesn't have access to any of the faqs in a category, have it consider that category as empty for the guest and not show (hide) the category?

Thanks again for a great product

Tommy Jenkins
Thorsten

Re: Not a bug as much as a question

Post by Thorsten »

Hi,

usally the number of FAQs should only be the number you're allowed to see, otherwise it's a bug as it would confuse the guests.

bye
Thorsten
phpMyFAQ Maintainer and Lead Developer
amazon.de Wishlist
tomjinx1

Post by tomjinx1 »

attached is an image of what my guest see when they come in. All FAQs are set to only be seen by a specific group, yet guest see the number there. So when they go into the category, they don't see anything which is confusing them like you said.

Running version 2.9.5

Thanks
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Thorsten

Post by Thorsten »

Hi,

please add a bug report here: https://github.com/thorsten/phpMyFAQ/issues

Thanks in advance!

bye
Thorsten
phpMyFAQ Maintainer and Lead Developer
amazon.de Wishlist