feedback on phpMyFAQ 2.5.0 alpha2 install ...

Please report bugs here!

Moderator: Thorsten

Lidio

feedback on phpMyFAQ 2.5.0 alpha2 install ...

Post by Lidio »

Hi Thorsten,

I can't seem to get past this error message with either the alpha2 package or Daily SVN Snapshot.

Code: Select all

Fatal error: Call to private PMF_Perm::__construct() from context 'PMF_Perm' in D:\xampp\htdocs\phpmyfaq-2.5.0-alpha2\inc\Perm.php on line 115
This is a clean install setup on a Windows XP system with XAMPP. I have had no issues with 2.0.x series on this setup.

Thanks,
Lidio.
Thorsten

Re: feedback on phpMyFAQ 2.5.0 alpha2 install ...

Post by Thorsten »

Hi,

when is this error happening?

bye
Thorsten
phpMyFAQ Maintainer and Lead Developer
amazon.de Wishlist
Lidio

Post by Lidio »

Thorsten wrote:Hi,

when is this error happening?

bye
Thorsten
Hi Thorsten,

I'm not sure what you mean but that error is the result of trying http:/localhost/faq25a2/install/installer.php which does create 31 tables all empty except for faqconfig with 34 records. It's an incomplete install. I haven't checked the code if there are tracing options in the installer.

Lidio.
Thorsten

Post by Thorsten »

Hi,

ah, okay... which permission level did you choose?

bye
Thorsten
phpMyFAQ Maintainer and Lead Developer
amazon.de Wishlist
Lidio

Post by Lidio »

I have tried with both Basic and Medium (with group support) -- which we use on our production FAQ. For each attempt I have deleted the directory structure and extract it from archive as well as drop all tables. MySQL account has all permissions so I don't expect that to be a factor.

I'll try installing it on a different PC for testing.

Thanks,

Lidio.
Lidio

Post by Lidio »

Hi Thorsten,

it would appear that the problem was with my installed version of XAMPP 1.6.x -- when I tried to install phpMyFaq 2.5 alpha2 on another computer with a new version of XAMPP version 1.7 it worked as expected. On my development PC I just re-installed XAMPP to version 1.7 and the problem went away. Unfortunately I was not able to identify which aspect that may have been causing the issue. I had checked the install document and phpinfo() to ensure the minimum versions was in compliance. So work around is upgrade to XAMPP 1.7

Thanks,

Lidio.