Suggestion: Social networks –single access point integration

You have a suggestion for a future version of phpMyFAQ? Then post it here!

Moderator: Thorsten

pt20100201

Suggestion: Social networks –single access point integration

Post by pt20100201 »

Suggestion: Social networks – single access point integration

Dear Thorsten Rinne

There are some posts in the forum about the integration of Facebook (and other social networks) with phpMyFAQ.

One post suggests the automatic creation of a record on those networks after the publication of a new FAQ through phpMyFAQ.

We suppose that for each supported social network there is the need of creating specific code for each one of them.
Only Facebook and Twitter integration is planned for phpMyFAQ v.2.7.

There are services for “social networks aggregation/synchronization” .

Isn't it simpler (and faster) the implementation of, at least, one of those “aggregators”? - creating the specific, and optimized, code for each of the social networks later, freeing time for higher priority development tasks.

Two examples of this kind of services(*):
  • OneSocialWeb
    http://onesocialweb.org/
    (sponsored by a mobile phone service provider)
    We dream of a world where all social networks are connected and work together in a way similar to email. Our projects aims to define a language to bridge these networks and make it easy for social networks to join a bigger social web. You're invited to help make this a reality.
    [Uses XMPP – a standard protocol]
  • The Appleseed Project
    http://opensource.appleseedproject.org/
    … is the first open source, fully decentralized social networking software.

• Protect your privacy
    • Move around without losing friends
    • Support open standards

Welcome to the official website of The Appleseed Project. Appleseed aims to create an open source, fully distributed and decentralized social networking software.
Please notice that we are only making reference to this kind of functionality ("social networks aggregation/synchronization”): we aren’t recommending and/or endorsing the referred “aggregation” services.

(*) Those who want more information - and video presentations - about their features (etc) may consult:
Again, please notice that we are only making reference to this kind of functionality (social networks aggregation/synchronization”): we aren’t recommending and/or endorsing the referred “aggregation”.

Kind regards
2010-12-27
pt20100201
Thorsten

Re: Suggestion: Social networks –single access point integra

Post by Thorsten »

Hi,

thanks for your detailled posting. I know about OneSocialWeb since about a year and I follow the activities... it'll be quite interesting in the future and right now I'm preparing phpMyFAQ for this future.

phpMyFAQ 2.7 with the Twitter and Facebook integration will be just the first step and future version will include more social network features. But this isn't an easy task and I have to think what is useful for a FAQ and what is useless. And I also want to get feedback from the users as well.

bye
Thorsten
phpMyFAQ Maintainer and Lead Developer
amazon.de Wishlist