URL names

You have a suggestion for a future version of phpMyFAQ? Then post it here!

Moderator: Thorsten

pmfuser

URL names

Post by pmfuser »

Hi,

It would be great to have more options to control each article (FAQ). I suggest to have something like in WordPress when we have SEO plugin installed. Not too much, but this:

- URL (sometimes the question itself is rather too long, and giving an option of making it shorter is a benefit, like in the native WP).
- Page title (let me write it exactly how I want it)
- Description (same as for title)
- Keywords (some say that this meta tag is not important anymore, Google says they don't care, so this one may stay out and behave as it does now)

All of these options could be made optional, so if left empty or inactive, the system would behave like it does now.

Thanks
Thorsten

Re: URL names

Post by Thorsten »

Hi,

could you please explain your ideas a little bit more detailed? The description will be included in the meta tags in 2.8.9

bye
Thorsten
phpMyFAQ Maintainer and Lead Developer
amazon.de Wishlist
pmfuser

Post by pmfuser »

- URL: When we create a question, the friendly URL is whatever the title is. I would like to be able to override this, simply by typing my own URL into the filed that would be available (like in WP http://rvtechsolutions.com/wp-content/u ... e-URL1.jpg).
- FAQ page title meta tag is the actual question. I want to be able to write whatever I want as it may happen that two or more questions start in the same way which could create same page titles.
- The description meta tag is already there and it grabs the first pat of the answer 80-ish characters I believe. There could be an option for us to write own description, just as for the page title above.

Here is how it could look for meta tags: Image
Thorsten

Post by Thorsten »

Hi,

nice idea and quite simple to implement for 2.9. Do you please add an issue on Github? Thanks!

bye
Thorsten
phpMyFAQ Maintainer and Lead Developer
amazon.de Wishlist