Search For FAQs

You have a suggestion for a future version of phpMyFAQ? Then post it here!

Moderator: Thorsten

phpearlabs

Search For FAQs

Post by phpearlabs »

hello there, first post.

Someone has installed the PHPMyFAQ 2.8.15 and basically it looks like everything we need here.
As an admin I have a few questions.

1. Most important is the way new FAQs are handled. When someone proposes a new FAQ the admin gets an email. The content of the email is extremely vague. Only the fact that there IS a new FAQ is mentioned. How can I find this new FAQ proposal? I tried by searching with the date as search string but I get more results than just the ones from that day. It would be helpful if in the email a more meaningful message is given (like the title of the question and/or the category.

Can someone give me some pointers about how to proceed after I get this email?

2. removing FAQ's from the list is not working. How can we do that?

3. the Dutch translation of "Add new FAQ" and "Add Question" is very confusing. Bot FAQ and Question are translated with one Dutch word . The result is that users of the FAQ are confused about what to choose.

4. When someone has suggested a new FAQ there should still be the possibility by the administrator NOT to include it. How is this to be handled?

Thanks for all your good work people! Really nice application this! Hope you find the time to help a noob out!
Thorsten

Re: Search For FAQs

Post by Thorsten »

Hi,
1. Most important is the way new FAQs are handled. When someone proposes a new FAQ the admin gets an email. The content of the email is extremely vague. Only the fact that there IS a new FAQ is mentioned. How can I find this new FAQ proposal? I tried by searching with the date as search string but I get more results than just the ones from that day. It would be helpful if in the email a more meaningful message is given (like the title of the question and/or the category.
We're working on improving the usability for this workflow for 2.9.
2. removing FAQ's from the list is not working. How can we do that?
That's fixe in 2.8.17, sorry for that.
3. the Dutch translation of "Add new FAQ" and "Add Question" is very confusing. Bot FAQ and Question are translated with one Dutch word . The result is that users of the FAQ are confused about what to choose.
You can fix the translation in the admin section under configuraton. There's a translation frontend. You can even send us the fixed translation by mail.
4. When someone has suggested a new FAQ there should still be the possibility by the administrator NOT to include it. How is this to be handled?
Sure, you can delete or not activate this FAQ.

bye
Thorsten
phpMyFAQ Maintainer and Lead Developer
amazon.de Wishlist
phpearlabs

Post by phpearlabs »

hi Thorsten

thanks for your replies!

it's good to know that what I encounter are valid issues and that they are being addressed.

1 and 2 : I wait for the next releases

3 : fixed that, except for "Search for FAQs" which I couldn't find in the translation table

4 : I see that I can make it 'inactive' but is a "delete" button possible?
Thorsten

Post by Thorsten »

Hi,

there is a button to delete FAQs on the list overview.

bye
Thorsten
phpMyFAQ Maintainer and Lead Developer
amazon.de Wishlist