Additional CCemail per category for initial notice/question.

You have a suggestion for a future version of phpMyFAQ? Then post it here!

Moderator: Thorsten

jimh

Additional CCemail per category for initial notice/question.

Post by jimh »

I am implementing phpMyFAQ on an intranet for my academic department. I did not want to create multiple FAQs in subdirectories, so I am using one FAQ and distinct categories like "Computing" and "Fiscal".

I would like computing and fiscal people to get notice of new questions in their respective categories. What I plan to do now is use mail rules/filters on the admin email account -- if subject/body includes certain category information, send to email address X.

I see, though, that the category information that appears in email is not complete. Where I have category->subcategory of "computing->network", only "network" appears in body of email, so this may take some work.

I see a previous thread (viewtopic.php?t=2752&highlight=email+category) where some issues like this were discussed. Not sure if any changes to email subject became official.

For me, it would seem like a better approah would be to add a "CC" field in category record and make it such that new questions would be copied to that (optional) email address.

Sorry if this has been discussed previously. I did my best to search!

Thanks!

Jim
matteo

Post by matteo »

Hi Jim,
PMF 2.0.0-beta-dev is actually addressing the issue: you can set a category owner and this user will be notified for any new entry. PMF 1.6.x is currently features freezed, at least when the change requires also a DB schema modification.

Ciao,
Matteo
phpMyFAQ QA / Developer
Amazon.co.uk Wishlist
jimh

CC email

Post by jimh »

Matteo,

Excelllent. I can "make do" for now. I should go look more at 2.x development before asking 5 or 6 more questions!

Jim