Language independancy of question/answer pairs

You have a suggestion for a future version of phpMyFAQ? Then post it here!

Moderator: Thorsten

Thorsten

Re: Language independancy of question/answer pairs

Post by Thorsten »

Hi,

we're always trying to improve the multilanguage handling of phpMyFAQ.
1.) Is there any progress in this direction? I have to say I had modified your code but this was one and a half years ago and my changes will be difficult to merge with the current version. So it will have to be done againg following the same ideas.
Yes, but we have a automatic language detection, but normally the language which the admin set is the current language. But you can change it.
2.) If there is someone doing this or planning to do it please react on this post so that we coordinate ourselves not doing the same work 2 times.
We're working on improving it in 2.0.
3.) As I have found a person to do it for me and I guess the changes will be available soon, would you include the changes into your next releases thus insuring that our code will not go out of date in the future. It will be also a Db restructuring and restructuring of your admin panel (suggestions how to do it will be very welcome).
Version 1.6.x won't get any new features, so only the 2.0 tree is open for changes. I would include your changes for sure. The admin panel is already redesigned (but not finished) in 2.0.
4.) Which version should we choose? I guess the version 2.x dev tree is recommended but we plan to use PHPMYFAQ in the near future so a date for a stable 2.x version will be very welcome.
We're planning to release the beta version with all new features in Q1/2007 and the final release during Q2/2007. After the final release of 2.0 the tree is open for version 2.1 which should be also out in 2007.

bye
Thorsten
phpMyFAQ Maintainer and Lead Developer
amazon.de Wishlist