Requests: RSS, configuration, permissions, record ordering

You have a suggestion for a future version of phpMyFAQ? Then post it here!

Moderator: Thorsten

rickliveops

Requests: RSS, configuration, permissions, record ordering

Post by rickliveops »

I have a number of requests I hope you can address in the near future:

1. RSS feed per FAQ category - we have many user types; allowing RSS feeds for FAQ categories would help segment their access to content.

2. Make ability to comment a group attribute (e.g. only users in "Commenters" group can comment - as above, it would be very useful to only allow certain user groups to add comments.

3. Better configuration management, style sheet UI, logo image, content layout - I've hacked the tpl files to move content areas around, putting the most important things (from my perspective) "above the fold" and removed things we don't need. E.g. we don't need translations, while voting is very important. But in the stock version, tags, info and translation all come before voting. It would be great to have all the css styles and layout easily configurable.

4. Specify the record order (right now can only sort, I want to put records in a particular arbitrary order) - I think others have requested this.

Also a suggestion:
Instant response should be part of the search widget or advanced search tab. It's a cool feature but it's lost there in the category list

You may have some or all of these things on your roadmap already. Sorry if I haven't done all my homework...
Thorsten

Post by Thorsten »

Hi Rick,

really great ideas. We're collecting the ideas for 2.1 and I think we'll add many of your proposals.

bye
Thorsten
phpMyFAQ Maintainer and Lead Developer
amazon.de Wishlist
matteo

Re: Requests: RSS, configuration, permissions, record orderi

Post by matteo »

Hi,
rickliveops wrote:1. RSS feed per FAQ category - we have many user types; allowing RSS feeds for FAQ categories would help segment their access to content.
FYI: per-cat view is already available for TopTen RSS, i.e.:

http://<hostname>/path/to/feed/topten/rss.php?cat=18

Giving priority to other issues I'll also take a look at extending per-cat view to the other RSS feed.
FYI: per-lang view is already available.

For your convenience, track this enh here: https://thinkforge.org/tracker/index.ph ... 2&atid=169

Ciao,
Matteo
phpMyFAQ QA / Developer
Amazon.co.uk Wishlist