No 3-column structure

You have a suggestion for a future version of phpMyFAQ? Then post it here!

Moderator: Thorsten

calande

No 3-column structure

Post by calande »

I think we could use a different layout structure maybe. I'm having problems when images are too wide. They overlap the right border. I'm aware I could resize the images, but there will always be small screens (800x600) on which images will still be too wide. For instance here: http://osresources.com/3_15_en.html I have the problem when I don't maximize my browser, it overlaps the right column. Maybe we could display the right column only on the homepage to solve this problem?

Also I suggest putting the latest entries above the news on the home page. And in the right column, I would put only the top 10. Just my 0.002 cents :wink:
Thorsten

Post by Thorsten »

Hi,

you're right, but what would be a better layout positioning?

bye
Thorsten
phpMyFAQ Maintainer and Lead Developer
amazon.de Wishlist
calande

Post by calande »

Hi Thorsten :)
As I said, for the home page, I would take the latest entries and put them above the "News" section, the right column would only have the top ten entries. Then, for pages other than the home page, I would use a two-column layout (left column + content).

Another option, would be having a two-column layout for the home page also: take both latest and top-ten entries from the right column and put them above the news. Then remove the right column.

What do you think?

Just a suggestion :wink:
Thorsten

Post by Thorsten »

Hi,

not a bad idea.... but what about the tagcloud and the entries from the same category?

bye
Thorsten
amazon.de Wishlist
calande

Post by calande »

What do you mean by tagcloud? When we list the entries from the same category (ie, here: http://faqs.pcbsd.org/category19.html) there are no images, and we can have a two-column layout too :)

Edit: It seems there will be a tagcloud in future versions, this can be in the left pane. I forgot! I'd like to have the search box larger, and underneath the upper-right menu like on my FAQ page (see link above) :)
Last edited by calande on Sun Jul 08, 2007 8:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thorsten

Post by Thorsten »

Hi,

version 2.0 has a tagcloud next to the records instead the Top10 all the time.

bye
Thorsten
amazon.de Wishlist