Ubuntu Server: DB Error: Connection refused getting on web client from a remote station

All about webserver configurations, PHP and databases.

Moderator: Thorsten

ritchie

Ubuntu Server: DB Error: Connection refused getting on web client from a remote station

Post by ritchie »

Hi to all,
I am trying to install the phpMyFAQ within a virtual machine with a ubuntu server. No graphic interface.

When I am executing the setup of the phpmyFAQ on the webbrowser from my host system, I will
get the error "DB Error: Connection refused".

I have also install the "phpMyadmin" within the system, which is working fine without any problems.
I also created a database and the user has also the needed permissions, so far I can see.

Best regards
R.
Thorsten

Re: Ubuntu Server: DB Error: Connection refused getting on web client from a remote station

Post by Thorsten »

Hi,

are you sure, you're using the same credentials?

bye
Thorsten
phpMyFAQ Maintainer and Lead Developer
amazon.de Wishlist
ritchie

Re: Ubuntu Server: DB Error: Connection refused getting on web client from a remote station

Post by ritchie »

Hi,

Yes. I tried it several times. You are talking about the user for the database connection.
Best regards
R.
Thorsten

Post by Thorsten »

Hi,

is a network connection between the virtual machine running phpMyFAQ and the remote database successful?

bye
Thorsten
amazon.de Wishlist
ritchie

Post by ritchie »

Hi,

yes. I can open the phpMyadmin without any problem from the same webbrowser which is also installed
on the server. Both are on the same computer, which is also a Ubuntu system as the host system and running a Ubuntu Server as a guest system.

I am running phpMyFAQ 3.2.5 with php 8.3.2
See attached picture for input procedure on the system. Based on the limitation of the attachments only step 1, 4 and 5.

Best regards
R.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Thorsten

Post by Thorsten »

Hi,

this error message is directly passed through from PHP. This error means that PHP code is not able to connect to the database. One of of the database connection parameters is incorrect: server address or username or password.

Is phpMyAdmin running on the same virtual machine?

bye
Thorsten
amazon.de Wishlist
ritchie

Post by ritchie »

Hello,

yes, it is running on the same machine.
See screen shot for access level. I used the same user for the phpmyadmin as for the phpmyFAQ web page.

Best regards
R.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ritchie

Post by ritchie »

Hallo Zusammen,

gibt es den eine gute Installationsbeschreibung für phpMyFAQ für Ubuntu oder Windows. Dann installiere ich einfach das System nochmals neu.

Viele Grüße
R.
Thorsten

Post by Thorsten »

Hi,

ein Ubuntu mit Apache, PHP 8.x und MariaDB sollte out of the box funktionieren.

bye
Thorsten
amazon.de Wishlist