Installer.php fails at xmlwriter

All about webserver configurations, PHP and databases.

Moderator: Thorsten

Img_admin

Installer.php fails at xmlwriter

Post by Img_admin »

I've been round and round this one but cannot seem to find out where it's going wrong.

I'm installing phpMyFAQ onto an existing Fedora (FC7) box that is already running a number of applications for us.

phymyfaq 2.5.5
2.6.23.17-88.fc7
php 5.2.11 --- (but I'll come to that)
mysql 5.1.33
apache 2.2.20

Install seemed simple enough on a test box I set up but when I came to install on a live customer facing box I get the following
when trying to run installer .php

' Some missing extensions were detected! Please enable the corresponding PHP extension(s):'
* ext/xmlwriter

So that seemed simple enough although here is the issue.

From the command line
php --ri xmlwriter
xmlwriter
XMLWriter => enabled

Which tells me xmlwriter is installed and enabled (as does php --re xmlwriter) and it did when I went through the pre-requiste checks

I've been round and around this . phpinfo tells me xmlwriter was compiled in with my distro version of php (5.2.6)

I even downloaded php source and rebuilt it myself which is how I arrive at 5.2.11 and I get exactly the same effect.

I commented out the requirement for xmlwriter in installer.php and it ran straight through without any issue but of course I need
the xmlwriter in order to make full use of phpmyfaq

On the version of phpmyfaq I built without xmlwriter the admin/index.php still reports php at version 5.2.6 ?

There are no other versions of php on this box, I've rebooted/restarted apache etc etc several times.

I even added teh extension to the php.ini file which had no effect

Suggestions please on how I can get round this - either my php install is compleley screwed or there is some cached info somewhere that I cannot get rid of to rebase thi install ?
Thorsten

Re: Installer.php fails at xmlwriter

Post by Thorsten »

Hi,

I think you have different PHP versions for Apache and your command line.

bye
Thorsten
phpMyFAQ Maintainer and Lead Developer
amazon.de Wishlist
Img_admin

Post by Img_admin »

Thanks for the pointer, I was going down the same lines but looking for a shortcut without destabizing
the other apps running on this server.

I resorted to downloading the apache sources and rebuilding it.

Hey presto - everything is fine.

Either I managed to get it all very confused or the apache distro I was using was built static, and not including xmlwriter.
Even when php itself could find this the static linked apache could not.
Thorsten

Post by Thorsten »

Hi,

is it working now?

bye
Thorsten
phpMyFAQ Maintainer and Lead Developer
amazon.de Wishlist