PMF on Sourceforge?

All about webserver configurations, PHP and databases.

Moderator: Thorsten

soleria

PMF on Sourceforge?

Post by soleria »

Hi all,
we've running a phpMyFAQ 1.68 for our sourceforge project successfully since a long time.
Now I wanted to update it to the newer version 2.0.17. After testing it locally I've uploaded it by ftp to a new directory and tried to upgrade.
All other files are already of version 2.0.17. Unfortunately I get some errors:

Error: The file ../inc/data.php or the directory ../inc is not writeable. Please correct this!
Error: The file ../inc/config.php is not writeable. Please correct this!
Error: The backup file ../inc/data.bak.php could not be written. Please correct this!
Error: The backup file ../inc/config.bak.php could not be written. Please correct this!
Error: Your version of phpMyFAQ could not updated.

I already found some hints here about chmod and chown but all of them didn't work.
Anyone here with some hints or a documentation about how to upgrade on a webspace hosted on Sourceforge?

TIA
Thomas
Thorsten

Re: PMF on Sourceforge?

Post by Thorsten »

Hi,

try chmod 777 for the upgrade process.

bye
Thorsten
phpMyFAQ Maintainer and Lead Developer
amazon.de Wishlist
soleria

Post by soleria »

I tried already chmoding 777, 7777, 766 on all PMF files as suggested here in the board without success.
I think it's a groups/owner problem but there are not many possibilities to change it.
Files were copied by WinSCP to a new directory on the webspace and the only available group is the "project group" and for the user there is only the project admin user available. There is a difference to the old but running PMF installation where the files belong to the group "users [100]" but chgrp is not allowed any more to this group.
So I hoped to get some experience by other PMF users eg. by disabling the install checks.

Thomas
Thorsten

Post by Thorsten »

Hi,

the install checks are in the file install/installer.php.

One hint: phpMyFAQ 2.0 is out of support.

bye
Thorsten
phpMyFAQ Maintainer and Lead Developer
amazon.de Wishlist