Webanalytics integration

All about webserver configurations, PHP and databases.

Moderator: Thorsten

der.vogt

Webanalytics integration

Post by der.vogt »

Hello to all,

we are currently in an implementation for our new knowledgebase, the most issues have already been solved with the termendous support from Thorsten and his super quick bugfixed in the scripts.

But now we are faced another problem wher ei knidly request assistance not only from Thosrten, but from the whole forum community.

We plan to us our own analytics tool Sitestat to Track the FAQ internally.

Our measurement code is based on so called counternames to determine the single pages within our measurement code for dynamic pages.

Only one problem we have: the measurement code is dependent on either the URL structure of the KB (without rewrite there are no nice URLs, rewrite is basically no option for us) or we can implement a special measurement code which is taking fixed variables from PHP to dynamically create the measurement counters from these variables.

I have been playing a bit around with some variables I could have found in the template files, but I did not yet find some consistent variables which woudl enable us a site wide tracking of our knowledgebase as either the one variable which is working is only defined in one part of the FAQ script or not working at all with out measurement code.

So are there some script and system wide variables we can use for the dynamic creation of these counternames in phpmyFAQ?
Thorsten

Re: Webanalytics integration

Post by Thorsten »

Hi,

what about index.tpl? It's included everywhere except the Ajax stuff and the PDF generation.

bye
Thorsten
phpMyFAQ Maintainer and Lead Developer
amazon.de Wishlist
oldperl

Post by oldperl »

hi,

i think he needs some translations for the URL-parameters. An URL like "index.php?sid=22&lang=de&action=show&cat=16" isn't very helpfull in a statistic tool.
So if u don't want to use mod_rewrite u have to add a php-script. This script must read stuff out of the db and build a namevalue for your statistic tool.

I often use piwik for stats and there i do the same. In piwik u can add a namefield to each url using javascript variables. So i use a php-part which constructs needed js-vars. That's it.
But, if nobody knows what type of stat tool u're using, nobody can help u with it.

regards

Ortwin
Man muss nicht alles wissen,
man muss nur wissen wo es steht

** FAQ CMS Contenido (powered by phpMyFAQ) ** - ** Forum CMS Contenido ** - ** DCEonline ** - ** DevBlog **
der.vogt

Post by der.vogt »

We plan to use Sitestat on myphpfaq, but Piwik is a close look worth for this, thank you for the input