SEO friendly URL

All about webserver configurations, PHP and databases.

Moderator: Thorsten

tm9

SEO friendly URL

Post by tm9 » Sun Aug 28, 2016 10:44 pm

Dear sir,
I was playing around with the demo & it's all perfect, except one thing i noticed: "the URL structure".

I think it's a huge SEO advantage to have pretty URLs (exmaple :'%postname%' instead of 'id') : http://richmond.demo.phpmyfaq.de/index. ... t-good-for
(In place of : http://richmond.demo.phpmyfaq.de/index. ... artlang=en)

Is there any way to modify URL structures?

Thorsten

Re: SEO friendly URL

Post by Thorsten » Mon Aug 29, 2016 7:49 pm

Hi,

sure, we have rewrite rules for Apache, nginx and IIS. Just enable them in the admin configuration. A howto is in our documentation.

bye
Thorsten
phpMyFAQ Maintainer and Lead Developer
amazon.de Wishlist

tm9

Post by tm9 » Tue Aug 30, 2016 8:45 pm

Thorsten wrote:Hi,

sure, we have rewrite rules for Apache, nginx and IIS. Just enable them in the admin configuration. A howto is in our documentation.

bye
Thorsten
Hello sir, The 2 issues:

1.(on your demo-samples) I tried to enable 'URL_rewrite function in the admin-configuration page, but it's not saving the changes.
2. Also, i test-installed phpmyfaq-2.9.4 on my host.It got installed swiftly but now i can't add any user,any category,any new qusetion/faq OR anything else atall!(its saying : 'You are not authorized').

I tested all settings including PHP , mysql permissions/requirements etc. but i think the issue is in the scripts. If you wish, i can provide you login details to my test-installation.

Thanks!

Thorsten

Post by Thorsten » Wed Aug 31, 2016 9:01 pm

Hi,
1.(on your demo-samples) I tried to enable 'URL_rewrite function in the admin-configuration page, but it's not saving the changes.
we'll update our demo the next days and it should be working again.
2. Also, i test-installed phpmyfaq-2.9.4 on my host.It got installed swiftly but now i can't add any user,any category,any new qusetion/faq OR anything else atall!(its saying : 'You are not authorized').

I tested all settings including PHP , mysql permissions/requirements etc. but i think the issue is in the scripts. If you wish, i can provide you login details to my test-installation.
A login would be nice

bye
Thorsten
amazon.de Wishlist

tm9

Post by tm9 » Thu Sep 01, 2016 2:04 pm

we'll update our demo the next days and it should be working again.

A login would be nice

bye
Thorsten
Please see the login-credentials:

Removed credentials

Thorsten

Post by Thorsten » Thu Sep 01, 2016 3:58 pm

Hi,

looks like your session management is broken as I got kicked out every click after logging in. It works if I use the "log me in automattically" with the cookie authentication.

bye
Thorsten
amazon.de Wishlist

tm9

Post by tm9 » Fri Sep 02, 2016 3:22 am

looks like your session management is broken as I got kicked out every click after logging in. It works if I use the "log me in automattically" with the cookie authentication.

bye
Thorsten
Hi sir,
What could be the reason behind that? Also, it's still unable to add new-user/faq/questions(even after using 'log me in automattically').
Am i missing anything or the issue is associated with the scripts?

Thorsten

Post by Thorsten » Fri Sep 02, 2016 8:16 pm

Hi,

I enabled your debug mode in inc/Bootstrap.php and this is the result:

phpMyFAQ warning [2]: session_start(): open(/var/php_sessions/sess_cdc75e390024efff1b12a6aead64f9bd, O_RDWR) failed: No such file or directory (2) in /hermes/bosnaweb11a/b308/ipg.xchangerpro/phpmyfaq/inc/Bootstrap.php on line 166

PHP is configured to store session files in /var/php_sessions, but this folder is not present or PHP is not allowed to store files in it.

bye
Thorsten
amazon.de Wishlist

tm9

Post by tm9 » Sun Sep 04, 2016 3:17 pm

I enabled your debug mode in inc/Bootstrap.php and this is the result:

phpMyFAQ warning [2]: session_start(): open(/var/php_sessions/sess_cdc75e390024efff1b12a6aead64f9bd, O_RDWR) failed: No such file or directory (2) in /hermes/bosnaweb11a/b308/ipg.xchangerpro/phpmyfaq/inc/Bootstrap.php on line 166

PHP is configured to store session files in /var/php_sessions, but this folder is not present or PHP is not allowed to store files in it.

bye
Thorsten
Thanks sir, just fixed the php issue.I didn't know there's a 'debug mode' option available. :o .
Another thing i'd like to ask,is there anyway to shorten the URL?
for example:

to
(or anything like that?)
Last edited by tm9 on Sun Sep 04, 2016 7:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thorsten

Post by Thorsten » Sun Sep 04, 2016 6:45 pm

Hi,

nope, that's not possible.

bye
Thorsten
amazon.de Wishlist