Host upgraded PHP from 7.x to 8.2; causes an error

All about webserver configurations, PHP and databases.

Moderator: Thorsten

KT_

Host upgraded PHP from 7.x to 8.2; causes an error

Post by KT_ »

The server host (DreamHost) has upgraded PHP 7.x to 8.2. Now our phpMyFaq installation throws an error when attempting to search:

Code: Select all

mod_fcgid: stderr: phpMyFAQ mysqli_sql_exception: Unknown column 'remember_me' in 'where clause' in /<path-to-phpmyfaq>/src/phpMyFAQ/Database/Mysqli.php on line 357
mod_fcgid: stderr: Stack trace:
mod_fcgid: stderr: #0 /<path-to-phpmyfaq>/src/phpMyFAQ/Database/Mysqli.php(357): mysqli->query('\\n            SE...')
mod_fcgid: stderr: #1 /<path-to-phpmyfaq>/src/phpMyFAQ/User.php(315): phpMyFAQ\\Database\\Mysqli->query('\\n            SE...')
mod_fcgid: stderr: #2 /<path-to-phpmyfaq>/src/phpMyFAQ/User/CurrentUser.php(547): phpMyFAQ\\User->getUserByCookie('22608d2a72f5813...')
mod_fcgid: stderr: #3 /<path-to-phpmyfaq>/index.php(171): phpMyFAQ\\User\\CurrentUser::getFromCookie(Object(phpMyFAQ\\Configuration))
Reverting to PHP 7.x (which we can do temporarily) makes it function normally again.

Before I go digging into the guts of things to figure out why this is happening, does it immediately suggest anything obvious?
KT_

Re: Host upgraded PHP from 7.x to 8.2; causes an error

Post by KT_ »

(I mean, it looks like it could be as simple as somehow[?] a column got deleted from faquser. I could try re-adding it, but I'm not sure what type it's supposed to be, etc.)
Thorsten

Re: Host upgraded PHP from 7.x to 8.2; causes an error

Post by Thorsten »

Hi,

which version of phpMyFAQ are you using?

bye
Thorsten
phpMyFAQ Maintainer and Lead Developer
amazon.de Wishlist