setup and permissions on v2.0.2

All about webserver configurations, PHP and databases.

Moderator: Thorsten

joesmith

setup and permissions on v2.0.2

Post by joesmith »

Hello,

Sorry if this is a dumb question, but I want to setup my phpMyFAQ in the root of my domain. e.g. faq.mysite.com

I was wondering is there's anything I need to know because I can't seem to get it going.

I seem to be having a permissions issues. I'm a little unclear of which folders and files to chmod 766

Per your instructions, the only folders and file I need to do are the top level directory which I am not using as I want it on the root of my webserver and the data.php which I have to change the name from data.php.original to data.php and chmod it to 766. Is that it? any sub-directories and files need to be chmod?

It doesn't seem to work for me. Are there any other files and folders I need to change permissions on for version 2.0.2 to work? It looks like that's all I need to do based on the entry in the documentation highlighted below but....

OH and the additional directories (data, pdf, etc.) highlighted in your documentation I have to create manually because they are not included in your download. Am I missing something here?

Sorry and thank you!

2.b. Preparations

Please unzip the downloaded archive on your harddisk.

You can modify the layout of phpMyFAQ using templates. A description of how this is done can be found below. Copy all unzipped files to your webserver in a directory using FTP. A good choice would be the directory faq/.
Important:
Writing permission for your script is needed in this directory to be able to configure the file data.php during installation. This is the case if you're running PHP as CGI or as mod_php with disabled safe-mode. The installation script will stop when your webserver isn't configured as needed.

It might help to set chmod 766 to the whole phpMyFAQ directory to avoid problems during the installation. If you're running a very restrictive mod_php installation you should keep the chmod 766 for the following files and directories even after the succesful installation:

the file data.php in the directory inc/
the directory attachments/
the directory data/
the directory images/
the directory pdf/
the directory xml/
All other directories shouldn't be world-writable for your own security.

The database user needs the permissions for CREATE, DROP, INSERT, UPDATE, DELETE and SELECT on all tables in the database.
joesmith

Post by joesmith »

Never mind everything seems to be OK now. I deleted everything and only gave permissions to those files and folders as directed in the documentation. It seems my upload was corrupting my files which is why i couldn't install properly....

Thanks!
bludove

install errors

Post by bludove »

I have followed the directions, checked my server configuration, set up my database and am getting the following error when trying to install:

Warning: main(/home/vets/public_html/vetfaq/inc/constants.php) [function.main]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/vets/public_html/vetfaq/install/installer.php on line 32

Fatal error: main() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/home/vets/public_html/vetfaq/inc/constants.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/vets/public_html/vetfaq/install/installer.php on line 32

Can someone please help me?!