Themes Not Working

You made an own skin or theme for phpMyFAQ. You can share it here with others!

Moderator: Thorsten

terabyte2007

Themes Not Working

Post by terabyte2007 »

Hello, I am running phpMyFAQ 2.6.4 and none of the themes that were posted here seem to work? Anyone have ideas as to why? I made sure that the path to images were correct, checked everything I know of. All I get is image place-mark squares and text. No styles seemed to be getting applied. Tried refresh, clearing caches and etc. Help!

Eric
Thorsten

Re: Themes Not Working

Post by Thorsten »

Hi,

how do you add the template files?

bye
Thorsten
phpMyFAQ Maintainer and Lead Developer
amazon.de Wishlist
terabyte2007

Post by terabyte2007 »

I created another directory under templates called default4 and then selected that theme in the config. I also tried the default directory by backing up my current default and then copying the new default directory to templates and selecting in config.

Eric
Thorsten

Post by Thorsten »

HI Eric,

could you please point me your FAQ to check what's happening there? Thanks!

bye
Thorsten
amazon.de Wishlist
terabyte2007

Post by terabyte2007 »

Ok, I re-installed the theme that was provided as "default.zip" from a few posts ago. I just renamed the directory and enabled the theme and no styles take effect. Not sure what I am doing wrong, probably something stupid I would guess. Here is the URL to the FAQ site.

http://www.munroe-falls-paranormal-society.com/faq/

Eric
Thorsten

Post by Thorsten »

Hi,

the stylesheet files are missing: http://www.munroe-falls-paranormal-soci ... /style.css

This produces a 404 "File not found".

bye
Thorsten
amazon.de Wishlist
terabyte2007

Post by terabyte2007 »

Yes I see that the directory, is not pointing correctly but I have it installed in /faq/templates/default4 and everything references /templates/default4.

Is there anyway to change the reference directory? I checked the index.php and others but could not find the file. Thanks for your help!

Eric
Thorsten

Post by Thorsten »

Hi,

well.. you changed that in the index.tpl file:

Code: Select all

<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" media="screen,projection,print" href="/template/{tplSetName}/mf54_reset.css;" />
  <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" media="screen,projection,print" href="/template/{tplSetName}/mf54_grid.css" />
  <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" media="screen,projection,print" href="/template/{tplSetName}/style.css" /> 
Just remove the / before /template/{tplSetName}/mf54_reset.css

bye
Thorsten
amazon.de Wishlist
terabyte2007

Post by terabyte2007 »

I have made the edits to the index.tpl file and the style is still not right, although better. I went through the .css files and changed references from /template/ to template/ and this did not help. It appears that many references in other files are looking for /templates and /inc and so on but SimpleScripts from my hosting service installed this upgrade version with all these references. The old version never had this issue until I did the upgrade.

My question, do I have to change all references in all editable files that contact /{directory} to either /faq/{directory} or just {directory}?

Thanks for all your help!

Eric
Thorsten

Post by Thorsten »

Hi,

please use Firefox and the FireBug add-on to fix all path problems... then it will work.

bye
Thorsten
amazon.de Wishlist