Customization Guide

You made an own skin or theme for phpMyFAQ. You can share it here with others!

Moderator: Thorsten

geekmonkey

Customization Guide

Post by geekmonkey »

Hello, first time poster to this forum, and well, first time user of phpMyFaq. I've been working with literally dozens of faq scripts now in the last few months, and have to say, this script puts the others to shame! Kudos on a amazing job!

On to my question, is there a customization guide anywhere available for this script? In particular I'm interested in find details regarding adding custom header and footer to have the script match the rest of my site.

Thanks again for a great program!

Cheers,
GeekMonkey
JochenS

Re: Customization Guide

Post by JochenS »

Welcome to phpMyFaq!

There are a few topic in this forum: eg. viewtopic.php?f=9&t=12906

You could also check Thorsten's documentation: http://www.phpmyfaq.de/documentation.2.7.en.php#6
Our public FAQ is proudly powered by phpMyFAQ: http://vhtfaq.ge51.honeywell.de/
geekmonkey

Post by geekmonkey »

Thanks JochenS for the welcome! I must say, I'm loving this script.

Thank you for the links. Not as robust as I was hoping, but most of what I've wanted to do is pretty simple (so far). The link to Thorsten's documentation was excellent as well, found many of the answer to questions I didn't even know I had at the time in there.

I do have an additional question however, two actually.

Is it possible to adjust the spacing at the very top of the page? Basically I've removed the header all together (title and login box) and am trying to minimize the space between the top of the browser to the beginning of the nav menu. I've played with much of the padding and margin adjustments, but I can't seem to locate the particular one necessary. I hope it exists.

And my second question is in regards to the nav menu background color. I'm attempting to set it to white, or even transparent, as I simple wish to get rid of the color. It looks to me to be either #222 or #333, but in adjusting all instances of this within styles.css none appeared to change that single bar. Is it perhaps done via a background image?

Thanks again for the links, and greatly appreciating your software!

Cheers,
GeekMonkey
geekmonkey

Post by geekmonkey »

You can disregard my previous questions. I've been able to move the top nav menu by negatively adjusting my nav top variable in styles.css.

I was also able to find the control for the background, it was a image as suspected.

Overall excellent scripts, thoroughly enjoy it.

Cheers,
GeekMonkey
Pederico

Post by Pederico »

JochenS wrote:Welcome to phpMyFaq!

There are a few topic in this forum: eg. viewtopic.php?f=9&t=12906

You could also check Thorsten's documentation: http://www.phpmyfaq.de/documentation.2.7.en.php#6
The documentation of Thorsten is really amazing. I am just getting into phpmyfaq and everywhere are documentations and tutorials. In my opinion you are doing a great job too :)

Thank you very much!