Nav menu hover adjustment

You made an own skin or theme for phpMyFAQ. You can share it here with others!

Moderator: Thorsten

geekmonkey

Nav menu hover adjustment

Post by geekmonkey »

Hey guys,

Quick question regarding the header nav menu links. When I scroll over the links they react with the a:hover settings. However, I wanted to change this color to white, so essentially they don't react. If I do this however, all links when hovered over change to white, and well, for like 90% of them that causes them to disappear against the white background. Is there a way to separate the actions of the header links from the rest of the document?

Thanks again, loving your script, best FAQ i've ever encountered!

Cheers,
GeekMonkey
geekmonkey

Re: Nav menu hover adjustment

Post by geekmonkey »

Oh, as a side note: I've attempted adding a color variable to nav ul li a:hover in the hopes it would color the text, but it didn't :(

GeekMonkey
JochenS

Post by JochenS »

Which line you are working in the style.css?
Could you post it?
Our public FAQ is proudly powered by phpMyFAQ: http://vhtfaq.ge51.honeywell.de/
geekmonkey

Post by geekmonkey »

Hey JochenS, I have to say, your the fastest poster of replies I've ever encountered! You need a raise my man.

The line that is controlling the color of the nav menu links is within the "basic styles" section of the styles.css, lines 93-94 which read

Code: Select all

a:hover {  
    color: #036; }
Further into the css there is a section for "navigation", this is where i changed the background of my nav menu and also the hover over image (hence why i don't need the color of the text to change). There is a line (197-198) that reads

nav ul li a:hover {
	background: url(../images/bg_menu.gif); /*color: #4A9400; */}
I was hoping I could specific the font color here, but when I do, nothing changes with my nav menu links, they still change to the color listed on lines 93-94.

If you'd like to take a look to see what I'm referring too, my faq is currently available at http://www.geekmonkey.ca/faq. You'll notice, when you hover over the nav menu links, the background that I've linked shows, but the color of the text also changes to #036. This is the same behavior as all links on the page.

Any ideas?
JochenS

Post by JochenS »

Oh thanks, I suppose Thorsten is a bit faster. But I'll try to answer the layout questions.

Have you checked on of my sites (see my footer)?

There I did a red color with this code in the section /* Navigation */:

nav ul li a:hover {
    background: #DE0031; color: #FFFFFF;}
nav ul li.selected a {
    background: #DE0031; }
Could this help you?

PS: You need to disable the content negotiation in your setting, if you plan just to maintain the english pages. With my german browser, I am not able to switch the language where the content is:)
Our public FAQ is proudly powered by phpMyFAQ: http://vhtfaq.ge51.honeywell.de/
geekmonkey

Post by geekmonkey »

Ok, i feel like a total idiot. I swear I tried that earlier and it didn't work, but, yea, that does it for me and it is working correctly. :)

Thanks for your time man. Is it me or you who edits the title of the posted to mark it fixed?

And yea, at the moment I was just planning to maintain the english, perhaps french in the future. I think your referring to the "automatically detect langauge" flag in the Configuration -> Main Configuration area. If so, I just deactivated it, cheers!

Thanks again,
GeekMonkey