Clean layout, new look

You made an own skin or theme for phpMyFAQ. You can share it here with others!

Moderator: Thorsten

WayneW

Clean layout, new look

Post by WayneW »

Just thought i'd share what i have done with my FAQ. Not 100% yet, but well underway.

http://beefaq.thehoneybeehobbyist.com

Sort of have the main site worked out as well. (same url WITHOUT the subdomain added)

Working with the layout has been an adventure, but fun. The code is clean, and very few files to tweak to acheive a look and feel. Thank You!!!!!
johanna

Re: Clean layout, new look

Post by johanna »

Nice layout! I like it because it is plain and clear. And I really like the up right corner navigation! What I would have done differently is that I would have added some maximum width of the layout. But that's just a minor thing (:
WayneW

Post by WayneW »

Thx :D I didnt want to play too much until i could work out a how to add a scrolling feature box as seen on the front page http://thehoneybeehobbyist.com. My ultimate goal is to use phpMyFAQ as my CMS as well. The script i am using currently is great, but really it's too much for my purposes. Not that i couldnt find uses for all or most of the features, but it's an administrators nightmare to get it all working and keeping it up. I want an informational site, not so much a "community". I was considering a wiki at first, but again, too many admin duties. With a script like phpMyFAQ, and it's minimal CMS feature such as news and so on, i think it will fit me right.
johanna

Post by johanna »

I like phpMyFAQ also because its simplicity. I have been using Joomla for my CMS and that was horrible. It's difficult to remember what has to be done to have one simple article shown. Also, Joomla has lots of security bugs.

I can do everything I want with phpMyFAQ and there's no complex features I would never need. And I can't even compare making new layouts for Joomla and phpMyFAQ! For phpMyFAQ it was really simple and fun because the code is so easy to read. Thanks for that, Thorsten and others (:
Thorsten

Post by Thorsten »

Hi Johanna,
johanna wrote:Thanks for that, Thorsten and others (:
thanks a lot! :-)

bye
Thorsten
phpMyFAQ Maintainer and Lead Developer
amazon.de Wishlist