Exchange Server Nutzung möglich?

In this board you can talk about general questions about phpMyFAQ

Moderator: Thorsten

klausing

Exchange Server Nutzung möglich?

Post by klausing »

Ich habe ein kleines Problem. Ich wollte die FAQ in einem Intranet nutzen. Leider ist es dort nicht erlaubt einen Mailserver aufzusetzen. Innerhalb des Intranet existiert aber ein Exchange Server bei dem ich einen Account nutzen könnte.

Habt ihr hier eine Idee wie ich die Emailfunktionalität trotzdem nutzen könnte?
matteo

Post by matteo »

Hi,
it depends on what will be the server running the faq: you could use a simple SMTP server relaying to the Exchange server.
Currently we send email on top of PHP mail function: you could install the faq server on a WAMP server using the local IIS SMTP service relaying to the Exchange server. Hoping this can help U :wink:

Ciao,
Matteo
phpMyFAQ QA / Developer
Amazon.co.uk Wishlist
klausing

Post by klausing »

thanks for your fast answer. Unfortunately i have to use a IIS without smtp-server and its not allowed to setup a smtp-server. Exactly this is my problem. My only chance is to find a way to use this server. :(
matteo

Post by matteo »

Hi,
unfortunately <using external SMTP server in PMF> is a feature that requires some time for coding and Thorsten, the lead developer, will decide <if> and <when>.
My suggestion is, according to the PHP manual, to disable the SMTP AUTH only for the server on which PMF will run and change the php.ini configuration file for using your Exchange Server as the no-auth-required SMTP server.

Ciao,
Matteo
phpMyFAQ QA / Developer
Amazon.co.uk Wishlist
Thorsten

Post by Thorsten »

Hi,

does your Exchange Server support SMTP?

bye
Thorsten
phpMyFAQ Maintainer and Lead Developer
amazon.de Wishlist
klausing

Post by klausing »

I believe he support only IMAP. But I will ask for it.
Thorsten

Post by Thorsten »

Hi,

if it supports SMTP it should be possible.

bye
Thorsten
phpMyFAQ Maintainer and Lead Developer
amazon.de Wishlist
matteo

Post by matteo »

Hi,
klausing wrote:I believe he support only IMAP. But I will ask for it.
MS Exchange Server has the SMTP support and it should be up and running unless you've another different server for deliverying your emails i.e. the MX record for your domain doesn't point to the MS Exchange Server.
In your 1st post you were talking about an account: firstly I was thinking to an account for the SMTP authentication but now I'm in doubt that you were referring to the IMAP/POP3 account. If yes, you could check you emall client settings and find what is the SMTP server you're currently using for sending your emails. Unless the SMTP server is running under an authentication schema (e.g.: SMTP AUTH, POP-BEFORE-SMTP, ...) you'll be easily able to set that mail server under your PMF server PHP configuration.
phpMyFAQ QA / Developer
Amazon.co.uk Wishlist
klausing

Post by klausing »

its only an imap account. :(
But i hope they will enable smtp than i don't have the problem.
klausing

Post by klausing »

jupp er unterstützt auch smtp.
seltsam ist, dass ein Woltlab Burning Board sofort damit umgehen konnte die FAQ es aber nicht schafft.
Irgendwas müssen die anders machen.
Ãœbrigens habe ich keinen Apache sondern einen Windows Server bei dem ich nur PHP installiert habe.
Den Server selbst darf ich leider nicht verändern sondern muss ihn so nehmen wie er ist.