phpMyFaq and EasyPHP on windows install problem

All about webserver configurations, PHP and databases.

Moderator: Thorsten

Prodigy

phpMyFaq and EasyPHP on windows install problem

Post by Prodigy »

Hi all,

I try to install the last stable version of phpMyFaq on a Windows machine with the last version if phpMyFaq.

Each time I try the install script of phpMyFaq, I got the error message :

Error: Please install your version of phpMyFAQ once again or send us a bug report.
DB error: Accès refusé pour l'utilisateur: 'ODBC'@'@localhost' (mot de passe: NON)

I don't understand because when I try to connect to the MySQL server in command line, it works :cry:

What's wrong in my configuration ???

Below, my configuration :

[ Database information ]
SQL server: MySQL...
SQL server host: MyHost
SQL username: faq
SQL password: password
SQL database: faq
Table prefix:

[ phpMyFAQ information ]

Default language: French
Administrator's real name: Prodigy
Administrator's e-mail address: anthony_9_5@hotmail.com
Administrator's username: admin
Administrator's password: password
Retype password: password

Thanks for any help
Thorsten

Re: phpMyFaq and EasyPHP on windows install problem

Post by Thorsten »

Hi,
Prodigy wrote:I don't understand because when I try to connect to the MySQL server in command line, it works :cry:
can you connect with any other PHP script to your database?

bye
Thorsten
phpMyFAQ Maintainer and Lead Developer
amazon.de Wishlist
Prodigy

Post by Prodigy »

Hi,

No, because I never tri to connect before (in fact, I specialy installed the EasyPHP for use phpMyFaq :p)
matteo

Re: phpMyFaq and EasyPHP on windows install problem

Post by matteo »

Hi,
Prodigy wrote:Error: Please install your version of phpMyFAQ once again or send us a bug report.
DB error: Accès refusé pour l'utilisateur: 'ODBC'@'@localhost' (mot de passe: NON)

I don't understand because when I try to connect to the MySQL server in command line, it works :cry:

What's wrong in my configuration ???
Please check if your MySQL configuration has the "skip-network" option (or try a netstat -na for searching for the TCP 3306 port). You should also verify if your user is allowed to connect to the database from e.g. localhost.

Regards,
Matteo
phpMyFAQ QA / Developer
Amazon.co.uk Wishlist
Prodigy

Post by Prodigy »

Hi,

1) I check the skip-net option, I have any parameter in my my.ini (the my.ini below) :

; IMPORTANT
; ${path} is used to specify EasyPHP installation path

[mysqld]
datadir=${path}/mysql/data
basedir=${path}/mysql
bind-address=127.0.0.1
; Uncomment for use on USB key
; skip-innodb

2) MySQL listening :

C:\>netstat -na
TCP 127.0.0.1:3306 0.0.0.0:0 LISTENING

3) User privileges :

Utilisateur Serveur Mot de passe Privilèges globaux "Grant"
faq localhost Oui ALL PRIVILEGES Oui

It seems to be good :? [/img]
matteo

Post by matteo »

Hi,
it seems to me too but... there's somewhere something wrong: I do not know how EasyPHP setups the whole LAMP environment so at the moment I cannot help you.

Regards,
Matteo
phpMyFAQ QA / Developer
Amazon.co.uk Wishlist
Prodigy

Post by Prodigy »

Thanks Matteo.

Today (if I have enough time), I'll try with another AMP (WAMP for example) ; I'll post here the results of these tests :wink:

For information, I tried to install phpMyFaq in EasyPHP on two machines : my desk (at home) and my laptop -> same results :cry: meaby something's wrong in EasyPhp :shock:
Prodigy

Post by Prodigy »

I tried to install phpMyFaq with WAMP 1.6.4 on my Windows laptop ; it's the same ! the installer script is not able to connect to the database :!:

Below, the error message :

Warning: mysqli::mysqli() [function.mysqli-mysqli]: (/1045): in C:\wamp\www\faq\inc\mysqli.php on line 72

The connection to the MySQL server could not be established.

The error message of the MySQL server:
Access denied for user 'ODBC'@'localhost' (using password: NO)

Warning: mysqli::query() [function.mysqli-query]: Couldn't fetch mysqli in C:\wamp\www\faq\inc\mysqli.php on line 106
|
Fatal error: Call to undefined method mysqli::error() in C:\wamp\www\faq\inc\mysqli.php on line 331

I don't konw, maybe it's me, I have a bad feeling with phpMyFaq.

A last test can be to install the database on a machine and try install the faq on another.
matteo

Manual installation: an option?

Post by matteo »

Hi,
unfortunately, my production systems run on Linux but I've PMF 1.6.3 and 2.0.0-dev installed on Windows 2000 Pro using IIS and using both MySQL and MS SQL Server 2000 (MS SQL and MSDE) as database servers both locally to my machine and on a remote server: the only difference from you is that I manually installed PHP using the Windows binaries coming from http://www.php.net/downloads.php. Maybe you could give a try to this option.
But, as a 1st step before trying another PHP installation, I'd use e.g. phpMyAdmin for better exploring the access configuration on your database.

Regards,
Matteo
phpMyFAQ QA / Developer
Amazon.co.uk Wishlist
Prodigy

Post by Prodigy »

But, as a 1st step before trying another PHP installation, I'd use e.g. phpMyAdmin for better exploring the access configuration on your database.
How can I post here a screenshot of my phpMyAdmin database and privileges ?
Thorsten

Post by Thorsten »

Hi,

sure.

bye
Thorsten
amazon.de Wishlist
Prodigy

My last install - REPORT

Post by Prodigy »

Hi,

After some holidays, I finally find time to make a last test :p : it works (on linux)!

For your information, today I install a Fedora Core 5 (with default httpd, mysql and php module) on a VmWare (on my Windows XP).

After some configurations (set the /var/www/html/phpmyfaq 777 and make these directory's root and create a "faq" database), the installation works wery well :D

So, I think there is a problem in your scripts :shock: , I don't know what, but I can now make a demo in my office :p

In all the Faqs I saw on Internet, I think PhpMyFaq is the best ;) if you need more information or tests on windows machine, don't hesitate to solicit me :p

Best regards,
Thorsten

Post by Thorsten »

Hi,

we already fixed some bugs... maybe you'll try it again. :-)

bye
Thorsten
amazon.de Wishlist
Prodigy

Re :

Post by Prodigy »

I tried last night, the same :( . I don't know, maybe the way in how the sockets are used in Windobs is different from Linux... :?: .
I most of the cases I tried to install on Windows, I got an error message : ODBC error.... no user, etc... :cry:

I'll do more tests and give you mi feedbacks :P (if you want).
matteo

Issues on your configuration

Post by matteo »

Hi,
Prodigy wrote:For your information, today I install a Fedora Core 5 (with default httpd, mysql and php module) on a VmWare (on my Windows XP).

After some configurations (set the /var/www/html/phpmyfaq 777 and make these directory's root and create a "faq" database), the installation works wery well :D
just for your convenience:
Prodigy wrote:So, I think there is a problem in your scripts :shock: , I don't know what, but I can now make a demo in my office :p
As said before here are some of the SW configurations I'm using for running both PMF 1.6.x and 2.0.0:
Windows:
  • 2000 Professional:
    • IIS 5.0/MS SQL (local, MSDE and remote, MS SQL 2000 SP4);
    • IIS 5.0/MySQL 4.1.20 (remote, RHEL 4U4);
    • PHP 4.3.5, 4.4.4, 5.1.6
Linux:
  • RedHat 7.3
    • Apache 1.3.27/MySQL 3.23.58
    • Apache 1.3.27/PostgreSQL 7.2.4
    • PHP 4.1.2 and 4.4.4
  • RHEL 4U4/CentOS 4.4
    • Apache 2.0.52/MySQL 4.1.20
    • PHP 4.3.9
  • Fedora Core 5
    • Apache 2.2.2/MySQL 5.0.22
    • PHP 5.1.4
That said, I'll try later to do a sample code for giving you the chance of focusing on the network&security issues of your MySQL configuration avoiding to try a new PMF installation. I'm quite sure that the problem is not related to PMF code ;).

Ciao,
Matteo
phpMyFAQ QA / Developer
Amazon.co.uk Wishlist