Recreate site with just database file? [SOLVED]

In this board you can talk about general questions about phpMyFAQ

Moderator: Thorsten

Mercury

Re: Recreate site with just database file?

Post by Mercury »

I don’t want you to move my site, I don’t want you to upgrade my site,
not now, not ever. What would I do if one day I had to move it again? Would I beg you to do it for me?

All I want from you is a simple answer to a simple question:

Why can’t I restore my database to my new site at my new host?

You have done everything possible to avoid answering this question. If you can’t answer this question then say so and I won’t ever ask it again.

In case you forgot, the old site uses 2.5.4 and the new site uses 2.5.4. But if can’t restore the database there won’t be a new site.
www.puppylinuxforum.org
Thorsten

Post by Thorsten »

Hi,

sorry for the late answer.
Mercury wrote:Why can’t I restore my database to my new site at my new host?
I re-checked the commit history of the backup/restore routines I made since the 2.5.4 release last year. I had some bugfixes there for this part of the code which were only fixed in the 2.6 releases. I think you ran into such a problem. That's bad.

I also re-read the whole thread.

The current situation:

- you have installed 2.5.4 on your old host and made a backup on this host
- you have installed 2.5.4 on the new host and tried to import the backup
- due to a bug in 2.5.4 the backup can't be imported on the new host

To fix this annoying situation I would suggest the following way of solving this "never-ending" process using phpMyAdmin on the new host:

1. please empty all tables from the FAQ installation
2. then import the backup from phpMyFAQ with phpMyFAQ (this should work because you have empty tables)
3. ckeck the result on the new host
4. if everything is okay, then please do the "normal" upgrade from 2.5.4 to 2.6.13

bye
Thorsten
phpMyFAQ Maintainer and Lead Developer
amazon.de Wishlist
Mercury

Post by Mercury »

If this process is never-ending then it’s your own damn fault.

What you suggest is no better than trying to do a restore just after a fresh install, which I last did with 2.5.4 on 12/22/10.

Do you not understand that by emptying all tables all usernames and passwords are deleted along with the main configuration settings? I understand this so I deleted the contents of all tables except the following:

faqconfig
faqdata_user
faqright
faquser
faquserdata
faquserlogin
faquser_right

Then I tried a restore and once again I saw this pissing message: “This does not seem to be a backup of phpmyfaq.”

And I already tried what you suggest six days ago. But just to be thorough I repeated the process (again) exactly as you suggest. I deleted the contents of all tables after which I could no longer login. When I did try I saw this pissing message: "User or password not valid. (admin / *)" The only way to fix this it to reinstall the software. DUH! Got any more worthless suggestions?
www.puppylinuxforum.org
Thorsten

Post by Thorsten »

Hi,

sorry, I typed wrong names into my posting. :-(
1. please empty all tables from the FAQ installation
2. then import the backup from phpMyFAQ with phpMyAdmin (this should work because you have empty tables)
3. ckeck the result on the new host
4. if everything is okay, then please do the "normal" upgrade from 2.5.4 to 2.6.13
You need to import the phpMyFAQ backup with phpMyAdmin because the backup/restore routine seems buggy in your case.

bye
Thorsten
amazon.de Wishlist
Mercury

Post by Mercury »

You said you reread the whole thread. I tried that already, in the OP (a.k.a. first post), I got an error. Just to be sure I did it again and got a similar damn error. Look at the OP and read it again.

Here's the error again:

Code: Select all

Error

SQL query:

-- pmf2.5: myfaq_faquser myfaq_faqadminlog myfaq_faqcaptcha myfaq_faqcategories myfaq_faqcategory_group myfaq_faqcategory_user myfaq_faqcategoryrelations myfaq_faqchanges myfaq_faqcomments myfaq_faqconfig myfaq_faqdata myfaq_faqdata_group myfaq_faqdata_revisions myfaq_faqdata_tags myfaq_faqdata_user myfaq_faqglossary myfaq_faqgroup myfaq_faqgroup_right myfaq_faqlinkverifyrules myfaq_faqnews myfaq_faqquestions myfaq_faqright myfaq_faqsearches myfaq_faqsessions myfaq_faqstopwords myfaq_faqtags myfaq_faquser_group myfaq_faquser_right myfaq_faquserdata myfaq_faquserlogin myfaq_faqvisits myfaq_faqvoting
-- DO NOT REMOVE THE FIRST LINE!
-- pmftableprefix: myfaq_
-- DO NOT REMOVE THE LINES ABOVE!
-- Otherwise this backup will be broken.
-- Table: myfaq_faquser
INSERT INTO myfaq_faquser( user_id, login, session_id, session_timestamp, ip, account_status, last_login, auth_source, member_since )
VALUES ( 1, 'admin', NULL , 1293209577, '64.220.221.158', 'protected', 20101224175143, 'local', 20091118141848 ) ;

MySQL said: Documentation
#1146 - Table 'b17_6933643_faq.myfaq_faquser' doesn't exist 
Here's how I tried to upload the database:
http://byet.org/vistapanel-videos/Tutor ... yAdmin.htm

Here are the other tutorials:
http://www.byethost.com/free-hosting/fr ... -tutorials

You’re just wasting my time aren’t you?
www.puppylinuxforum.org
Thorsten

Post by Thorsten »

Hi,
means, that the table doesn't exists. Did you delete it? How are the names of the tables on your new host? Do they have the same table prefix "myfaq_" as you got on the old host?

bye
Thorsten
amazon.de Wishlist
Mercury

Post by Mercury »

Thorsten wrote:Hi,
means, that the table doesn't exists.
Wrong! That table does exist (in the backup).
Did you delete it?
You know I didn’t
How are the names of the tables on your new host?
Fine, but they don’t start with "myfaq_"
Do they have the same table prefix "myfaq_" as you got on the old host?
No, not even after a fresh install of 2.5.4 (at new host).

Don’t bother to tell me to do a search and replace (on my backup) to make the table names match. I already tried that days ago and it didn help.

@audience
I’m not putting all my eggs in this one basket (well I did at one time but never again). I’ve been looking at other open source CMS and I’m very encouraged. If anyone reading this is in a similar predicament to mine I suggest you do the same.
www.puppylinuxforum.org
Thorsten

Post by Thorsten »

Hi,

that's the problem:

You had a table prefix on your old host with "myfaq_" and you don't have a table prefix on your new host. If you would install phpMyFAQ with the same table prefix on your new host it would work.

Sorry that you tried to import tables with a prefix in a installation without any prefix. This won't work.

If you would try it with the same prefix on the new host it would work.

bye
Thorsten
amazon.de Wishlist
Mercury

Post by Mercury »

Thorsten wrote:that's the problem:

You had a table prefix on your old host with "myfaq_" and you don't have a table prefix on your new host. If you would install phpMyFAQ with the same table prefix on your new host it would work.

If you would try it with the same prefix on the new host it would work.
I have no control over the names of the tables that your software creates during installation at the new host.

I will rephrase my previous sentence: Your software creates the database and names the tables during installation. There is no option during install of 2.5.4 to change the prefix of the tables.
Last edited by Mercury on Tue Dec 28, 2010 5:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
www.puppylinuxforum.org
Thorsten

Post by Thorsten »

Hi,
Mercury wrote:I have no control over the names of the tables that your software creates during installation at the new host.
you can:
Bildschirmfoto 2010-12-28 um 17.46.47.png
bye
Thorsten
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
amazon.de Wishlist
Mercury

Post by Mercury »

I will let you know what I find in approximately 1.5h.
www.puppylinuxforum.org
Mercury

Post by Mercury »

I added the table prefix during install. After install I confirmed that the tables have this prefix.

I still see this message when trying to restore a backup: “This does not seem to be a backup of phpmyfaq.”

To test the install I tried and failed to add a category. I suspect that adding the table prefix during the install is to blame for this as I have always been able to install 2.5.4 successfully in the past.

EDIT: I am retesting WAIT A FEW MOMENTS
Last edited by Mercury on Tue Dec 28, 2010 7:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
www.puppylinuxforum.org
Thorsten

Post by Thorsten »

Hi,

is it possible to get your database backup to check it by myself? I can't belief it doesn't work for you. There's something really strange happening for you!

I really want to help you!

bye
Thorsten
amazon.de Wishlist
Mercury

Post by Mercury »

Thorsten wrote:is it possible to get your database backup to check it by myself? I can't belief it doesn't work for you. There's something really strange happening for you!

I really want to help you!
The install is now working. Apparently I had to wait a while because now I can add a category.

I tried to restore the database again but I still see this: “This does not seem to be a backup of phpmyfaq.”

I will think about your offer but to be honest you don’t inspire me with confidence. If you did alter the database I would have no idea what you did. Either I fix this problem myself or I will abandon this software.
www.puppylinuxforum.org
Mercury

Post by Mercury »

I tried to import the database again with the tools at byethost. This is what I get:

Code: Select all

Error

SQL query:

-- pmf2.5: myfaq_faquser myfaq_faqadminlog myfaq_faqcaptcha myfaq_faqcategories myfaq_faqcategory_group myfaq_faqcategory_user myfaq_faqcategoryrelations myfaq_faqchanges myfaq_faqcomments myfaq_faqconfig myfaq_faqdata myfaq_faqdata_group myfaq_faqdata_revisions myfaq_faqdata_tags myfaq_faqdata_user myfaq_faqglossary myfaq_faqgroup myfaq_faqgroup_right myfaq_faqlinkverifyrules myfaq_faqnews myfaq_faqquestions myfaq_faqright myfaq_faqsearches myfaq_faqsessions myfaq_faqstopwords myfaq_faqtags myfaq_faquser_group myfaq_faquser_right myfaq_faquserdata myfaq_faquserlogin myfaq_faqvisits myfaq_faqvoting
-- DO NOT REMOVE THE FIRST LINE!
-- pmftableprefix: myfaq_
-- DO NOT REMOVE THE LINES ABOVE!
-- Otherwise this backup will be broken.
-- Table: myfaq_faquser
INSERT INTO myfaq_faquser( user_id, login, session_id, session_timestamp, ip, account_status, last_login, auth_source, member_since )
VALUES ( 1, 'admin', NULL , 1293209577, '64.220.221.158', 'protected', 20101224175143, 'local', 20091118141848 ) ;

MySQL said: Documentation
#1062 - Duplicate entry '1' for key 1
www.puppylinuxforum.org