Change number of items in 'Most popular' and Latest FAQs

You made an own skin or theme for phpMyFAQ. You can share it here with others!

Moderator: Thorsten

admin@dingley.net

Change number of items in 'Most popular' and Latest FAQs

Post by admin@dingley.net »

Hi guys,

I'm making good progress on modding the FAQs in my site. http://choicelink.com.au/faq-2/ however because I need to use an iframe and my skills to produce a variable height frame are non-existent I'd like to reduce the number of entries in the right hand sidebar.

Doesn't look like I can change anything in the admin area, so what file and file variable can I adjust to limit the entries to 3 or 5 per sidebar box?

BTW, I just found a program called windows grep that has helped me find any text in the zipped phpmyfaq files and has saved me heaps of time. Recommend it to any other newbies out there looking to make changes and don't know where to look. It will search any type including .php and .css files.
Thorsten

Re: Change number of items in 'Most popular' and Latest FAQs

Post by Thorsten »

Hi,

you can change this in config/constants.php

bye
Thorsten
phpMyFAQ Maintainer and Lead Developer
amazon.de Wishlist
admin@dingley.net

Post by admin@dingley.net »

8) Muchly appreciated - thanks. Took 30 secs and all done.

FAQ moding complete for now. For those wanting to see an example of the changes visit noro.com.au/aardvark

Happy to answer basic questions but please note I am a newbie and not a programmer or web developer. Email admin at aardvark dot net dot au

Thank you Thorsten and team :)
Rod

PS: To all forum readers - I highly recommend phpMyFAQ for 3 reasons:

It works.
It is better than most, if not all, other FAQ packages.
It is well supported, and has been for some years.
Thorsten

Post by Thorsten »

Hi,

thanks a lot!
admin@dingley.net wrote:It is well supported, and has been for some years.
11 years almost! :-)

bye
Thorsten
phpMyFAQ Maintainer and Lead Developer
amazon.de Wishlist
Pederico

Post by Pederico »

admin@dingley.net wrote:Hi guys,

I'm making good progress on modding the FAQs in my site. http://choicelink.com.au/faq-2/ however because I need to use an iframe and my skills to produce a variable height frame are non-existent I'd like to reduce the number of entries in the right hand sidebar.

Doesn't look like I can change anything in the admin area, so what file and file variable can I adjust to limit the entries to 3 or 5 per sidebar box?

BTW, I just found a program called windows grep that has helped me find any text in the zipped phpmyfaq files and has saved me heaps of time. Recommend it to any other newbies out there looking to make changes and don't know where to look. It will search any type including .php and .css files.
I seem to have the same problem althought I cannot compare it directly. Thanks for the question.
Thorsten wrote:Hi,

you can change this in config/constants.php

bye
Thorsten
Nice help :) I looked there already but I did not seem to look good enough. I will just check it when Im home. Thank you for your help. I hope I can solve the problem in 30 secs too :)