Blank page after database restore

Please report bugs here!

Moderator: Thorsten

romainp

Blank page after database restore

Post by romainp »

Hi,
Because of an issue on my postgres db server, I have decided to rebuilt the server from scratch (from 32 to 64bits). I did a backup with pg_dump and was able to restore the db to the new postgres server (the version could have been upgrader from the original server). But every time I try to access the phpmyfaq index page, all is blank. Even if I try to activate the debug mode, I still see nothing (maybe 2 quick errors messages about some category issue). Try to upgrade from the 2.8.24 to the 2.8.27 and even if everything seems good, I still see nothing.

Can you help?
Thanks!
Thorsten

Re: Blank page after database restore

Post by Thorsten »

Hi,

please post the error messages here.

bye
Thorsten
phpMyFAQ Maintainer and Lead Developer
amazon.de Wishlist
romainp

Post by romainp »

Hi!
The error messages that briefly appear and are logged are:

Code: Select all

[Mon May 09 12:41:52.976547 2016] [:error] [pid 104154] [client 192.168.4.5:46045] phpMyFAQ notice:  Undefined offset: 0 in /var/www/html/phpmyfaq/inc/PMF/Category.php on line 143
[Mon May 09 12:41:52.976630 2016] [:error] [pid 104154] [client 192.168.4.5:46045] phpMyFAQ notice:  Undefined offset: 2 in /var/www/html/phpmyfaq/inc/PMF/Category.php on line 143

I know that the server can access the remote postgres db and I have executed by hands some of the queries that are executed at the loading of the phpmyfaq and they seems fine (the returns some values that seems relevant)

Hope this help ;)
Thanks!
R.
Thorsten

Post by Thorsten »

Hi,

this notices are a known issue in 2.8.27 which will be fixed in 2.8.28.

Did you change the URL of the FAQ?

bye
Thorsten
amazon.de Wishlist
romainp

Post by romainp »

Hi,
I have changed nothing at all in terms of configuration. I only restored the postgres db from a 32 to a 64bits system. Event at that point, I got a blank page. I tried then to upgrade to the .27 with no luck...
R.
Thorsten

Post by Thorsten »

Hi,

can you access the admin page? Do you have any errors in your webserver log? Do you see the source code or is it a 500 server errror?

bye
Thorsten
amazon.de Wishlist
romainp

Post by romainp »

Hi,
Can you give me the url for the admin page please?
No I do not have any apache error message at all..
I will try to setup a parallel installation with the same db server and see if it change something.
Thanks
Thorsten

Post by Thorsten »

Hi,

it's the URL of your FAQ with /admin appended, e.g. http://www.example.org/faq/admin if your FAQ is at http://www.example.org/faq

bye
Thorsten
amazon.de Wishlist
romainp

Post by romainp »

Ah!
Yes I can but it seems that no css is applied on the page like you will see in the screenshot
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Thorsten

Post by Thorsten »

Hi,

ah... I think there's a trailing slash missing in your configuration. Is it possible for you to login?

bye
Thorsten
amazon.de Wishlist
romainp

Post by romainp »

I will try that I soon as I can (right now I can only test through a ssh tunnel and it's not the best way to troubleshoot that ;) ) and let you know about the result.
Thanks!
R.
Thorsten

Post by Thorsten »

Hi,

okay, sorry for the trouble!

bye
Thorsten
amazon.de Wishlist
romainp

Post by romainp »

Hi!
Don't say sorry! I so cool you take the time to help and I really love phpmyfaq! :)
romainp

RE: Blank page after database restore

Post by romainp »

Ok I was able to fix the issue :)
- First, I have installed openvas on the same system and the gsad process have the bad habit to listen on all interfaces on port 80. I had to change a couple of setting so now it listen only on a specific IP and do it's own 80 to 443 redirect.
- Then, I have tested accessing the admin part the site and this time I got an issue because it seems that the location of the phpmyfaq site is somewhere harcoded: My vhost point to the phpmyfaq folder and listen on <ip:80>.
So if I go to http:<ip>, it is redirected to http:<server name>/<phpmyfaq install folder>.
That's should indicate that either the server name and the phpmyfaq location is hardcoded somewhere in the db.
* I fixed the vhost config to point to /var/www/html and not to /var/www/html/phpmyfaq folder.
This time, ip to hostname redirection works as well as the application location.

The only bug remaining is the one for the categories. But the 2.9 seems to be there soon so maybe I can live with it and way to the next, beautiful version of phpmyfaq :)
I'm so excited!!!!
Thanks!
R.
Thorsten

Post by Thorsten »

Hi,

awesome! 2.8.28 and 2.9.0 final will be released the next couple of days, both will fix your category issue.

bye
Thorsten
amazon.de Wishlist