Upgrade from 2.8.25 to 2.9.5 fails with DB error: 01000

Please report bugs here!

Moderator: Thorsten

jburt

Upgrade from 2.8.25 to 2.9.5 fails with DB error: 01000

Post by jburt »

I have tried to follow the steps for upgrading phpMyFAQ from 2.8.25 to 2.9.5. I followed the instructions on deleting all of the files except the ones listed. I then run the setup link. The first two steps work with no errors. However, when I get to step 3 where the database updates, I get the following error:

Error: Please install your version of phpMyFAQ once again or send us a bug report.

DB error:01000:[Microsoft][ODBC Driver 11 for SQL Server][SQL Server]Executing SQL directly; no cursor.

EXEC sp_RENAME 'faqdata.datum', 'updated', 'COLUMN'

I have tried various times but it always produces the same results. I have tried it on both SQL Server 2014 and SQL Server 2016.
Screen Shot.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Thorsten

Re: Upgrade from 2.8.25 to 2.9.5 fails with DB error: 01000

Post by Thorsten »

HI,

did you tried to execute this query direclty in MS SQL Server?

bye
Thorsten
phpMyFAQ Maintainer and Lead Developer
amazon.de Wishlist
jburt

Post by jburt »

Yes. When I run it manually, it completes successfully, but with this warning:

Caution: Changing any part of an object name could break scripts and stored procedures

I'm going to try the upgrade process again and run that part manually to see if my data comes back after the upgrade. Also, where is the complete upgrade script located? I'm pretty familiar with SQL and wouldn't mind running that by hand to see where else it may fail. I just want to make sure something else didn't need to run if I can get that query to work.
Thorsten

Post by Thorsten »

Hi,

thanks for your help! The script and the upgrade queries are in setup/update.php. The script is quite straight forward to read.

bye
Thorsten
amazon.de Wishlist
jburt

Post by jburt »

I had to run the scripts by hand. I was able to get it to complete successfully. However, afterwards, the articles were all there, but the Most Popular Faqs and the Latest Faqs were not populated. I even tried to add some additional articles and access them, but nothing would be shown under those sections.
Thorsten

Post by Thorsten »

Hi,

please enable the debug mode to see any failing queries.

bye
Thorsten
amazon.de Wishlist